DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   snag in new loop pile carpet (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/282511-snag-new-loop-pile-carpet.html)

bob July 16th 09 02:56 PM

snag in new loop pile carpet

I have just had a loop pile carpet layed by John Lewis and it has what
i believe is termed a snag in it. This is the second snag i have
noticed, there is one in another room which was carpted earlier in the
year (same carpet).

I let the snag go before as it was under where a bed but this time it
is just as you walk into the room and quite noticeable.

I would just like to know others views on what is and what is not
acceptable with new carpet. Should i complain or should i just cut
the snag as i have read on various carpet care web sites.

I appreciate loop pile carpeting is prone to snagging but should a new
carpet contain snags?