Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor tiling

Hi,

We have a room with bifold doors opening out onto a patio area. We
are looking at flooring materials and was thinking of using cream
60x60 porcelain tiles both inside and outside so it looks like a
continuous space when the doors are open.

I am a little worried that having the tiles outside would be a mistake
as they would be slippery when wet as they don't absorb any water.
The tile companies say it is fine provided you don't have the polished
type and some of the more textured ones are suitable for swimming
pools so must be ok. We borrowed a couple of matt tiles and tried the
water test and to me, they were slippy enough for someone to fall.

I was wondering if anyone has had any practical experience with this.
Also, is anyone aware of a patio slab which would look similar enough
to the cream 60x60 tiles to create the effect but made of stone/
concrete that wouldn't be so slippy.

thanks

Lee.