DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Concealed cistern standards? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/282161-concealed-cistern-standards.html)

Michael Kilpatrick July 11th 09 05:19 PM

Concealed cistern standards?

Hello all,

am I right or wrong in thinking that there is a uniform and standard
arrangement for concealed toilet cisterns such that any cistern can be
used with practically any back-to-wall toilet pan that is available in
the UK?

Or, just to make life awkwards, is there more than one standard of
fittings and flush pipe diameters, etc?

Michael

Pete Verdon July 11th 09 06:32 PM

Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

am I right or wrong in thinking that there is a uniform and standard
arrangement for concealed toilet cisterns such that any cistern can be
used with practically any back-to-wall toilet pan that is available in
the UK?

Seems to be fairly standard, with the exception of the spacing between
the two big bolts that hold the pan on to the frame. There are two
standards here, but many frames will have holes for both.

Pete