DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Disappointed with my new Vax V-033 Rapide Compact Handheld Carpet Washer (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/281526-disappointed-my-new-vax-v-033-rapide-compact-handheld-carpet-washer.html)

MM July 2nd 09 07:44 AM

Disappointed with my new Vax V-033 Rapide Compact Handheld Carpet Washer

I bought one, mainly paying by a gift voucher, a couple of days ago,
having for ages thought that this model would be ideal for the stairs
carpet.

It is practically useless, bulky and unwieldy.

I can achieve the same results with less hassle by using a carpet
cleaner spray and a scrubbing brush. No cables, no hoses, no bottles
to fill and empty.

With the Vax I have to:

- fill the clean water bottle
- periodically empty the dirty water bottle
- find an extension lead, because the lead supplied is quite short
- balance unit on the stair step above or below the one being cleaned
- scrub vigorously, using the nozzle brush (so what's new?)

Well, since my financial exposure was only 12 quid to top up the gift
voucher, I'm not too worried, but, really, this thing is just an
expensive gimmick.

Once I had thought of buying a full-size machine for the rest of the
carpet, but now I've put off any such plans indefinitely.

MM