DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wrong Nails ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/281123-wrong-nails.html)

Arthur 51 June 26th 09 02:15 PM

Wrong Nails ?

I will be glueing and pinning my door frame sections
soon and I ordered 3" lost heads from screwfix.
Should I have bought ovals for hammering through the glued M & T
joints?

Thanks.

Arthur

John Rumm June 26th 09 04:37 PM

Wrong Nails ?

Arthur 51 wrote:
I will be glueing and pinning my door frame sections
soon and I ordered 3" lost heads from screwfix.
Should I have bought ovals for hammering through the glued M & T
joints?

I would have thought a lost head "dowel" style nail would be best. In
this application you want something strong in shear - ovals are very
poor in this respect.

--
Cheers,

John.