DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can you get flexible gutter pipes/underground pipes? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/280978-can-you-get-flexible-gutter-pipes-underground-pipes.html)

eden June 25th 09 12:21 AM

Can you get flexible gutter pipes/underground pipes?

I have a small front garden in a victorian cottage on farmland with no
rainwater drains, soakaways or anywhere that one could be placed. I
have a downpipe terminating in a shoe that needs extending to drain
away from the house. Using a straight gutter length to the farm track
outside my house would have to go through the gate. A flexible pipe
that I could angle through the garden and out the opposite corner
would be ideal if such a thing exists?

R[_7_] June 25th 09 06:33 AM

"eden" wrote in message
I have a small front garden in a victorian cottage on farmland with no
rainwater drains, soakaways or anywhere that one could be placed. I
have a downpipe terminating in a shoe that needs extending to drain
away from the house. Using a straight gutter length to the farm track
outside my house would have to go through the gate. A flexible pipe
that I could angle through the garden and out the opposite corner
would be ideal if such a thing exists?

Take a peek at http://www.burdens.co.uk/

Usually quite friendly advice given at your local depots.

Tim S June 25th 09 08:24 AM

Can you get flexible gutter pipes/underground pipes?

eden coughed up some electrons that declared:

I have a small front garden in a victorian cottage on farmland with no
rainwater drains, soakaways or anywhere that one could be placed. I
have a downpipe terminating in a shoe that needs extending to drain
away from the house. Using a straight gutter length to the farm track
outside my house would have to go through the gate. A flexible pipe
that I could angle through the garden and out the opposite corner
would be ideal if such a thing exists?

Not seen such a thing. Usually you have to fiddle about with 100 (or 82mm)
and use either a universal angle joint (adjustable) or random other angles
until you get where you are going. 110mm will allow some curvature over a
long length, but not a lot.

Dave Liquorice[_2_] June 25th 09 09:53 AM

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:21:35 -0700 (PDT), eden wrote:

A flexible pipe that I could angle through the garden and out the
opposite corner would be ideal if such a thing exists?

Bury a bit of land drainage pipe?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Man at B&Q June 25th 09 11:17 AM

On Jun 25, 12:21*am, eden wrote:
I have a small front garden in a victorian cottage on farmland with no
rainwater drains, soakaways or anywhere that one could be placed.

Why not?

that I could angle through the garden

You have a garden.

MBQ

Cicero June 25th 09 11:24 AM

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:21:35 -0700, eden wrote:

I have a small front garden in a victorian cottage on farmland with no
rainwater drains, soakaways or anywhere that one could be placed. I have a
downpipe terminating in a shoe that needs extending to drain away from the
house. Using a straight gutter length to the farm track outside my house
would have to go through the gate. A flexible pipe that I could angle
through the garden and out the opposite corner would be ideal if such a
thing exists?

Could you run a section of pipe horizontally along the wall of the house
from the bottom of the downpipe to a more conveniently located discharge
shoe?

You might need to add a rodding point but that shouldn't be difficult.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

eden June 25th 09 04:04 PM

Can you get flexible gutter pipes/underground pipes?

The two went together - you have a garden, ergo you have somewhere a
soakaway could be placed, making your posting contradictory (I think he was
trying to say :o) ). Circumlocution rules.

--

Yes but........ I've read that a soakaway has to be at least 5m from
house. Garden is 3.5m long. Outside garden is farmer's track, main

Man at B&Q June 25th 09 04:43 PM

On Jun 25, 1:44*pm, eden wrote:
I have a small front garden in a victorian cottage on farmland with no
rainwater drains, soakaways or anywhere that one could be placed.

"Why not? "

Because it's old? because its on a farm? I dont know.... lots of
victorian terrace houses seem to be like this, pipes drain onto
pavements..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that I could angle through the garden

"You have a garden. "

eh?

You said you had nowhere to put a soakaway but then said you had a
garden. Where do you think soakaways normally go?

MBQ

Tim S June 25th 09 04:45 PM

Can you get flexible gutter pipes/underground pipes?

Man at B&Q coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Jun 25, 1:44*pm, eden wrote:
I have a small front garden in a victorian cottage on farmland with no
rainwater drains, soakaways or anywhere that one could be placed.

"Why not? "

Because it's old? because its on a farm? I dont know.... lots of
victorian terrace houses seem to be like this, pipes drain onto
pavements..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that I could angle through the garden

"You have a garden. "

eh?

You said you had nowhere to put a soakaway but then said you had a
garden. Where do you think soakaways normally go?

MBQ

Not next to the house foundations, that's for sure.

The OP said later his garden is 3.5m long. I don't know the recommended
distance but I thought a few metres away was wise and that's cutting it
fine.

Cheers

Tim