Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stick-on tiles

"Jim S" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:30:15 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Jim S wrote:
I have seen tiles to stick over existing tiles advertised on the web,
but I
would like to see them before buying.
Does anyone know of a 'shed' that stocks these, or even an outlet here
on
Tyneside.

You can stick any tiles over old ones if you want. Just degrease well,
and abrade the glaze a little with some coarse sand paper before tileing
like normal.

I guess so, but these ones are quite thin and cutable
http://www.stickandgo.com/stick_on_tiles.shtml
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

I reckon a roll of tile effect lino and some NoNails would work out a lot
cheaper and quicker, and have no leaky joints.

If you like that sort of thing, of coarse.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim S wrote:
I have seen tiles to stick over existing tiles advertised on the web, but I
would like to see them before buying.
Does anyone know of a 'shed' that stocks these, or even an outlet here on
Tyneside.

You can stick any tiles over old ones if you want. Just degrease well,
and abrade the glaze a little with some coarse sand paper before tileing
like normal.

I guess so, but these ones are quite thin and cutablehttp://www.stickandgo.com/stick_on_tiles.shtml

think I'll avoid that one!

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:47:52 GMT, Jim S wrote:

I guess so, but these ones are quite thin and cutable
http://www.stickandgo.com/stick_on_tiles.shtml

"and we are proud to say that after many months of laboratory testing we now
fully endorse our range of STICK & GO TILES. "

I wonder what they thought of them /before/ the months of testing then?

--
Geo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 20, 4:17*pm, Geo wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:47:52 GMT, Jim S wrote:
I guess so, but these ones are quite thin and cutable
http://www.stickandgo.com/stick_on_tiles.shtml

"and we are proud to say that after many months of laboratory testing we now
fully endorse our range of STICK & GO TILES. "

I wonder what they thought of them /before/ the months of testing then?

Its a strange marketing claim really, given that companies always
endorse their own products.

Then again I know of one exception... ntl once described its dial up
service saying 'time to put the kettle on'

NT