DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Router Side Fences (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/279977-router-side-fences.html)

Arthur 51 June 9th 09 10:49 AM

Router Side Fences

Hi all.
I recently bought a Ryobi ERT-2100 (rubbish!)
I only bought it because it came with a double sided fence with fine
adjustment.
However, I noticed last night that the double fence has 2 sets of
holes through which the
bars slide.

|-------------------------------110mm----------------------------------------------------|

|----------------------85mm-------------------------------|
eg. +
+
+ +
The centre measurements of the bar guide holes seem to be 85mm and
110mm.
The Ryobi router base has only 1 set of holes to suit the 110mm
centres.
So I'm wondering if all routers have standardised guide bar centre
widths.
So whatever your router make, the hole centres are either 85mm or
100mm.
Is this correct?

Another reason I'm asking this is because the double side fence
supplied with this ERT2100
doesn't seem to be a native Ryobi accessory.

Thanks.

Arthur

RubberBiker June 9th 09 01:59 PM

Router Side Fences

I've got a CMT 1850 (which is a clone of the same model DeWalt, both
based on the old Elu 177 - probably the "standard" full-size router)
and the fence bars are spaced at 100m centre to centre.

Rob G[_3_] June 9th 09 05:33 PM

Router Side Fences

On 9 June, 10:49, Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I recently bought a Ryobi ERT-2100 (rubbish!)
I only bought it because it came with a double sided fence with fine
adjustment.
However, I noticed last night that the double fence has 2 sets of
holes through which the
bars slide.

|-------------------------------110mm----------------------------------------------------|

|----------------------85mm-------------------------------|
eg. * * *+
+
+ * * * * * * * * +
The centre measurements of the bar guide holes seem to be 85mm and
110mm.
The Ryobi router base has only 1 set of holes to suit the 110mm
centres.
So I'm wondering if all routers have standardised guide bar centre
widths.
So whatever your router make, the hole centres are either 85mm or
100mm.
Is this correct?

Another reason I'm asking this is because the double side fence
supplied with this ERT2100
doesn't seem to be a native Ryobi accessory.

Thanks.

Arthur

I've two B & Q cheapies and they both have 85mm centres. I can't
really fault these and it would be interesting to use an expensive
machine to see what is so much better about them.

Rob.