DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to wallpaper on glass ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/277922-how-wallpaper-glass.html)

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 03:47 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddy.

Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot May 14th 09 04:22 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so
happens that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

I think it's a really bad idea to wallpaper glass in case it gets broken in
the future by someone who doesn't know it's there.

Si

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 04:28 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
I think it's a really bad idea to wallpaper glass in case it gets broken in
the future by someone who doesn't know it's there.

Good thought, Si. You're obviously safety-conscious, which is good.

But the paper I've selected is sturdy one, so if somebody were to press
against one of the panels and crack the mirror the paper would almost
certainly hide the crack and stop any slivers of glass from getting
away. Also the mirrors are stuck into the wood panels by way of
adhesive on their backs, so if somebody snapped one of the mirrors they
wouldn't tumble down.

So I don't think hiding the mirrors behind wallpaper is a problem.

The problem is how to adhere the paper to the mirrors with a good finish
and possible be able to remove it at a later date.

Eddy.

Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot May 14th 09 04:31 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Eddy wrote:
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
I think it's a really bad idea to wallpaper glass in case it gets
broken in the future by someone who doesn't know it's there.

Good thought, Si. You're obviously safety-conscious, which is good.

But the paper I've selected is sturdy one, so if somebody were to
press against one of the panels and crack the mirror the paper would
almost certainly hide the crack and stop any slivers of glass from
getting away. Also the mirrors are stuck into the wood panels by way
of adhesive on their backs, so if somebody snapped one of the mirrors
they wouldn't tumble down.

So I don't think hiding the mirrors behind wallpaper is a problem.

The problem is how to adhere the paper to the mirrors with a good
finish and possible be able to remove it at a later date.

Eddy.

Fairy nuff. I would expect normal Solvite or Polycell to do the job easily
enough as long as you didn't use too much paste, but as for getting it off
at a later date... well, it might get messy! PVA maybe?

Si

John Rumm May 14th 09 05:02 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

I would use one of the temporary mount spray adhesives - the sort of
thing you get in art shops for mounting things on cut'n'past boards etc.

--
Cheers,

John.

Andrew Gabriel May 14th 09 05:13 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

I would use one of the temporary mount spray adhesives - the sort of
thing you get in art shops for mounting things on cut'n'past boards etc.

You can PVA glass. When the PVA has dried, I expect normal wall
paper pastes would stick to it, but I haven't tried myself.
You can apparently plaster onto glass if you PVA it in this way
first.

I share the views of others on safety. Might be better to stick
sheets of hardboard on first, but even then it may be an
unwelcome surprise for anyone who later decides to pull down
what you've built.

--
Andrew Gabriel

RobertL May 14th 09 05:16 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

On May 14, 3:22*pm, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:
Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. * Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. *So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. *(It so
happens that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? *I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. *The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

I think it's a really bad idea to wallpaper glass in case it gets broken in
the future by someone who doesn't know it's there.

Plus remember that mirrors are not made with safety glass. However,
you could stick some of that plastic safety film on first.

Dave Plowman (News) May 14th 09 05:20 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
Eddy wrote:
The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

I'd guess the glue used where you overlap vinyl paper - or add a border to
it would work with glass. Not cheap, though.

--
*Why is it considered necessary to screw down the lid of a coffin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Steve Firth May 14th 09 05:49 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

You can PVA glass. When the PVA has dried, I expect normal wall
paper pastes would stick to it, but I haven't tried myself.
You can apparently plaster onto glass if you PVA it in this way
first.

We use PVA to glue labels onto glass bottles. It works fine.

Phil Jessop May 14th 09 06:30 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

"Eddy" wrote in message
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddy.

I would use 1/8" MDF cut to size for each mirror, then attach to mirrors
with strong double sided carpet tape - then wallpaper the (sized) mdf. You
can then fairly easily rip off the mdf and remove the carpet tape with a
solvent later if desired.

R[_7_] May 14th 09 07:07 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

"Eddy" wrote in message
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Blue Peter Badge time

Sticky back plastic.

Andrew Gabriel May 14th 09 07:14 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
"R" writes:
Blue Peter Badge time

Sticky back plastic.

but now that Woolworths is gone, where can you buy it? ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Phil Jessop May 14th 09 07:20 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"R" writes:
Blue Peter Badge time

Sticky back plastic.

but now that Woolworths is gone, where can you buy it? ;-)

--

Wilkinson's is the new Woolies!

Stuart Noble May 14th 09 08:04 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Eddy wrote:
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
I think it's a really bad idea to wallpaper glass in case it gets broken in
the future by someone who doesn't know it's there.

Good thought, Si. You're obviously safety-conscious, which is good.

But the paper I've selected is sturdy one, so if somebody were to press
against one of the panels and crack the mirror the paper would almost
certainly hide the crack and stop any slivers of glass from getting
away. Also the mirrors are stuck into the wood panels by way of
adhesive on their backs, so if somebody snapped one of the mirrors they
wouldn't tumble down.

So I don't think hiding the mirrors behind wallpaper is a problem.

The problem is how to adhere the paper to the mirrors with a good finish
and possible be able to remove it at a later date.

Eddy.

The problem is likely to be that the wallpaper paste, or anything water
based, will take forever to dry unless the water can evaporate through
the paper. If there's any vinyl content, I'd say the chances are minimal.

dennis@home May 14th 09 08:06 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

"R" writes:
Blue Peter Badge time

Sticky back plastic.

but now that Woolworths is gone, where can you buy it? ;-)

I bought some in Lidl..
I don't think it will suit you, its a mirror finish.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 10:55 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

R wrote:
Blue Peter Badge time
Sticky back plastic.

Oh, dear. Sorry, no Badge, R. I didn't say I haven't already bought
the heavy wallpaper! It's a luxury paper that looks like rough leather
- it won't look like someone has put wallpaper on the doors!

Eddy.

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] May 14th 09 10:55 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddy.

try spray on carpet adhesive.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 10:56 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Sticky back plastic.

but now that Woolworths is gone, where can you buy it? ;-)

Wilko's keeps lots of it, or, if you're in the Welsh Marches, any of the
big Harry Tuffins.

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:01 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Phil Jessop wrote:
I would use 1/8" MDF cut to size for each mirror, then attach to mirrors
with strong double sided carpet tape - then wallpaper the (sized) mdf. You
can then fairly easily rip off the mdf and remove the carpet tape with a
solvent later if desired.

What about using double-sided carpet tape around the edges of each
mirror and stretching the paper onto it, then trimming off round the
edges of the glass. Should work, as long as the tape is not so thick it
shows through the paper.

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:03 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

News wrote:

I'd guess the glue used where you overlap vinyl paper - or add a border to
it would work with glass. Not cheap, though.

"Solvite Overlap & Border Adhesive"? I see it comes in small tubes.
Given that the paper is thick vinyl paper maybe I could push the
adhesive, not necessarily coat the entire surface?

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:06 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

John Rumm wrote:
I would use one of the temporary mount spray adhesives - the sort of
thing you get in art shops for mounting things on cut'n'past boards etc.

Interesting. A bit like Cow Gum but in a spray? You would spray the
paper, right? (Not the mirrors? - wouldn't want to get spray all over
the rest of the doors.)

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:11 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
You can apparently plaster onto glass if you PVA it in this way
first.

Well, THAT sounds promising! If putting PVA on glass will let the glass
take plaster . . . it'll surely take heavy paper.

I share the views of others on safety. Might be better to stick
sheets of hardboard on first, but even then it may be an
unwelcome surprise for anyone who later decides to pull down
what you've built.

There won't be a safety problem as long as I am the owner of the house,
and of course I'll win the next owner when the day comes we decide to
move on. Probably tell people when showing them round that there's nice
mirrors beneath the leather-looking panels if they're interested.

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:13 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Steve Firth wrote:

We use PVA to glue labels onto glass bottles. It works fine.

Good to hear, Steve. And if you then submerge one of your bottles in
water will the label then float off easily?

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:17 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

RobertL wrote:
Plus remember that mirrors are not made with safety glass. However,
you could stick some of that plastic safety film on first.

You know, I don't think these mirrors would be a problem. They're not
thick and heavy and they're well in-set within mitred wooden frames so
someone would have to charge at them with force to bend them
sufficiently for them to crack.

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:20 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Stuart Noble wrote:
The problem is likely to be that the wallpaper paste, or anything water
based, will take forever to dry unless the water can evaporate through
the paper. If there's any vinyl content, I'd say the chances are minimal.

Hmmm. This sounds like sense. Even PVA might not be able to "dry".
But the spray adhesive or cow gum would cure without having to
evaporate, I think.

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:26 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

John S wrote:
Fairy nuff. I would expect normal Solvite or Polycell to do
the job easily enough as long as you didn't use too much
paste, but as for getting it off at a later date... well, it
might get messy! PVA maybe?

I would tend to go along with that sort of approach. I don't see
the paper needing a much higher strength adhesive because the
contact area is large. Also one day you will need to remove the
paper.

Sounds promising, but am just a bit concerned about adhesion around the
edges if I just use normal paste - you know how edges can get caught,
and if the paper isn't tightly bonded to the glass then a little pull
and it could all come away.

Is it possible to steam vinyl paper off a surface? (Thinking about the
next owner.) I'm wondering if putting a steamer to vinyl attached to
glass might crack the glass. Never used a steamer. Are they that hot,
or is it more a case of "hot STEAM" rather than "HOT HOT steam"?

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 14th 09 11:30 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
try spray on carpet adhesive.

Oooooo. Now that sounds promising. Worth experimenting with. Will
Google it.

Eddy.

Steve Firth May 14th 09 11:51 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Eddy wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:

We use PVA to glue labels onto glass bottles. It works fine.

Good to hear, Steve. And if you then submerge one of your bottles in
water will the label then float off easily?

I steam them off when recycling bottles. The labels are printed with a
waxy ink so it's very difficult to soak them off. The steam melts the
wax and lifts the label off the bottle in a few seconds.

The PVA we use is a paste rather than a solution because we don't want
to over-wet the labels, so I'm not sure if it works with dilute PVA.
OTOH I have used woodworking adhesive when we ran out of the "proper"
PVA at a weekend and that seemed fine as well.

Gib Bogle[_2_] May 15th 09 03:24 AM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddy.

Don't paper, hang fabric.

Eddy[_2_] May 15th 09 10:27 AM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Gib Bogle wrote:
Don't paper, hang fabric.

Already spent hours finding a heavy-weight embossed vinyl paper that
looks just like leather. Considered fabric initially but thought
paste/glue would seep through and look awful but actually I now remember
I used fabric on wood once before and it looked great. Anyway, too late
now: I've bought a £20 roll of great-looking paper!

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 15th 09 10:34 AM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Steve Firth wrote:
We use PVA to glue labels onto glass bottles. It works fine.

I steam them off when recycling bottles. The labels are printed with a
waxy ink so it's very difficult to soak them off. The steam melts the
wax and lifts the label off the bottle in a few seconds.

The PVA we use is a paste rather than a solution because we don't want
to over-wet the labels, so I'm not sure if it works with dilute PVA.
OTOH I have used woodworking adhesive when we ran out of the "proper"
PVA at a weekend and that seemed fine as well.

Steve, thanks for this. Sounds hopeful.

Someone's suggested "Ready Mixed Paste" (being stronger than the usual
mix-your-own) should work. Trouble is a tub costs about £10. A bit
much for just a few panels. Am wondering if a pack of "Solvite
Wallpaper Adhesive" flakes for just £4.27 will do the trick because it's
described as "Extra strong all purpose wallpaper adhesive for hanging
all papers including heavy embossed, washable, vinyls and blown vinyls."

See:
http://www.wallpaperdirect.co.uk/wal...ools/Adhesives

But good to know that if it strong paste (either flakes or tubbed)
doesn't work then PVA should work - especially as you say you can steam
it off.

Am going to pop into a few shops and ask what they use to paste "Closing
Down - Everything Must Go!" signs to the insides of their windows!

Eddy.

Mike May 15th 09 11:23 AM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

On Thu, 14 May 2009 14:47:22 +0100, Eddy
wrote:

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it?

Many years ago I moved into a house in the depths of winter, stripped
the woodchip in the living room and decorated it with blown vinyl (see
I told you it was many years ago!) One bit was in a recess close to
the door, but had never been previously papered, instead it had a
layer of faded white gloss which I thought was over plywood but never
really checked. It got a quick clean and was covered with the new
wallpaper.

Come spring and I started decorating the outside when I noticed other
houses in the street had a glass panel in this recess where mine was
now papered. Sure enough on checking closely I noticed mine was glass
too.

The paper was still stuck there 10 years later with no special
preparation just ordinary wallpaper paste which was probably much
better quality than you'd get today.

Dave Plowman (News) May 15th 09 11:41 AM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
Eddy wrote:
Is it possible to steam vinyl paper off a surface? (Thinking about the
next owner.) I'm wondering if putting a steamer to vinyl attached to
glass might crack the glass. Never used a steamer. Are they that hot,
or is it more a case of "hot STEAM" rather than "HOT HOT steam"?

You normally peel off the vinyl layer 'dry' as it were which leaves the
paper backing which can be soaked off in the normal way. But that's with
ordinary wallpaper adhesive - something which isn't water based might need
a different approach.

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman (News) May 15th 09 11:43 AM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
Eddy wrote:
Am wondering if a pack of "Solvite
Wallpaper Adhesive" flakes for just £4.27 will do the trick because it's
described as "Extra strong all purpose wallpaper adhesive for hanging
all papers including heavy embossed, washable, vinyls and blown vinyls."

If you read the instructions on that it says it won't work *on* vinyl -
and to use their proper stuff for overlaps, etc. So I'd guess the same
would apply to any non porous surface.

--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

[email protected] May 15th 09 11:49 AM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

On 14 May, 15:47, Eddy
wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. * Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. *So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. *(It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? *I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. *The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddy.

Thinking laterally, can you just reverse the doors to face the mirrors
inwards? Of course, you may then have to varnish or otherwise cover
the former inside.

I think I got sticky vinyl plastic from Homebase recently.

Chris

Eddy[_2_] May 15th 09 12:22 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

wrote:
Thinking laterally, can you just reverse the doors to face the mirrors
inwards? Of course, you may then have to varnish or otherwise cover
the former inside.

Unfortunately, no. All the fancy panelling is on one side only and the
other side is pretty awful.

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 15th 09 12:26 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

Mike wrote:
Many years ago I moved into a house in the depths of winter, stripped
the woodchip in the living room and decorated it with blown vinyl (see
I told you it was many years ago!) One bit was in a recess close to
the door, but had never been previously papered, instead it had a
layer of faded white gloss which I thought was over plywood but never
really checked. It got a quick clean and was covered with the new
wallpaper.

Come spring and I started decorating the outside when I noticed other
houses in the street had a glass panel in this recess where mine was
now papered. Sure enough on checking closely I noticed mine was glass
too.

The paper was still stuck there 10 years later with no special
preparation just ordinary wallpaper paste which was probably much
better quality than you'd get today.

Very helpful, story, Mike.

The paper I have bought is ready-pasted. I've soaked a small bit in
water and applied to the face of one of the mirrors . . . and waited for
it to dry. It dropped off. Leaving a tough thin layer of cellulose on
the glass. So this is why I thought I would enquire here. I sort of
assumed that even the ordinary mix-it-yourself paste wouldn't be much
better. But maybe I am wrong. I'll have a go with ordinary paste today
and see. If that doesn't work, I'll move up to Solvite Wallpaper
Adhesive which is supposed to be stronger than most.

Eddy.

Eddy[_2_] May 15th 09 12:32 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

News wrote:
Am wondering if a pack of "Solvite
Wallpaper Adhesive" flakes for just £4.27 will do the trick because it's
described as "Extra strong all purpose wallpaper adhesive for hanging
all papers including heavy embossed, washable, vinyls and blown vinyls."

If you read the instructions on that it says it won't work *on* vinyl -
and to use their proper stuff for overlaps, etc. So I'd guess the same
would apply to any non porous surface.

You've got a packet of that stuff yourself, News? Thanks for the
warning! Have just emailed the suppliers and asked them for their
recommendation - not that suppliers always know.

Eddy.

Dave Plowman (News) May 15th 09 12:49 PM

how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
Eddy wrote:
If you read the instructions on that it says it won't work *on* vinyl -
and to use their proper stuff for overlaps, etc. So I'd guess the same
would apply to any non porous surface.

You've got a packet of that stuff yourself, News?

Dave, actually. ;-)
Yes - I'm just finishing off decorating the hall and stairs - all twenty
rolls of it. And have used that adhesive.

Thanks for the
warning! Have just emailed the suppliers and asked them for their
recommendation - not that suppliers always know.

Think you can buy it in small packets for a couple of quid so you could
just experiment? But it doesn't stick to the plastic bucket when it goes
hard so I'd not expect it do so to glass.

--
*Could it be that "I do " is the longest sentence? *