Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old mortar mix

I have half a bag od mortar which has been lying around for a few years. I
needed to use some so made it up and got it used quickly, just in time to
see it go off! Now I know that old mixes do go off like a shot, but assuming
the mix is still soft when used, is the strength compromised?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)"
saying something like:

I have half a bag od mortar which has been lying around for a few years. I
needed to use some so made it up and got it used quickly, just in time to
see it go off! Now I know that old mixes do go off like a shot, but assuming
the mix is still soft when used, is the strength compromised?

And how. I made the mistake of using some old cement in a non-important
wall-chase filling. When it had dried out, it just crumbled away like
sand. Utterly useless.

How much mortar Zen83237 UK diy 20 February 3rd 09 03:03 PM
Using Mortar Greg Home Repair 6 February 5th 07 05:13 AM
Mortar dye 51 UK diy 24 December 4th 06 01:00 PM
Mortar John UK diy 4 February 3rd 06 05:23 PM
Mortar Mix BigWallop UK diy 12 July 5th 03 11:46 PM