DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   One of those weeks/Triton Shower (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/274907-one-those-weeks-triton-shower.html)

Clint Sharp March 31st 09 09:51 PM

One of those weeks/Triton Shower

So, my mum has a new shower fitted because the heater has failed in the
old one, Mr Super efficient handyman service disposes of the old one for
her.

Four days later my shower stops dead, claiming low pressure. No flow,
cold or hot so obviously the solenoid valve isn't working, quick check
with the multimeter, open circuit coil, exactly the same coil as the one
that's been disposed of.

Anyone know where I can buy just the coil for a Triton shower inlet
valve?
--
Clint Sharp

[email protected] April 1st 09 08:29 PM

One of those weeks/Triton Shower

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:51:02 +0100, Clint Sharp
wrote:

So, my mum has a new shower fitted because the heater has failed in the
old one, Mr Super efficient handyman service disposes of the old one for
her.

Four days later my shower stops dead, claiming low pressure. No flow,
cold or hot so obviously the solenoid valve isn't working, quick check
with the multimeter, open circuit coil, exactly the same coil as the one
that's been disposed of.

Anyone know where I can buy just the coil for a Triton shower inlet
valve?

Triron themselves sold or still sell spares but also try The Shower
Doc ( Google for the url) .

Clint Sharp April 1st 09 09:24 PM

One of those weeks/Triton Shower

In message ,
writes

Triron themselves sold or still sell spares but also try The Shower
Doc ( Google for the url) .

FWIW, Triton charge 33 quid for the complete valve, Showerdoc charge 26.

I got a replacement at my local washing machine repair place, it's
exactly the same and cost me nothing as the engineer had removed it from
a new but damaged valve. If I'd had to buy the valve and remove the coil
it'd have cost about 7 quid.
--
Clint Sharp

PeterC April 2nd 09 10:41 PM

One of those weeks/Triton Shower

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:24:44 +0100, Clint Sharp wrote:

In message ,
writes

Triron themselves sold or still sell spares but also try The Shower
Doc ( Google for the url) .

FWIW, Triton charge 33 quid for the complete valve, Showerdoc charge 26.

I got a replacement at my local washing machine repair place, it's
exactly the same and cost me nothing as the engineer had removed it from
a new but damaged valve. If I'd had to buy the valve and remove the coil
it'd have cost about 7 quid.

I just put a quarter-turn valve on the inlet and turned the solenoid valve
in to a bit of bigger pipe.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.

Clint Sharp April 2nd 09 11:02 PM

One of those weeks/Triton Shower

In message , PeterC
writes
I just put a quarter-turn valve on the inlet and turned the solenoid valve
in to a bit of bigger pipe.

I'm wondering if the valve is the same or similar enough to the complete
washing machine one to make it a future fix, I can buy the complete
valve for around 7 quid.
--
Clint Sharp