DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Google Street View (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/274478-re-google-street-view.html)

Arthur 51 March 27th 09 12:08 PM

Google Street View

On 26 Mar, 16:28, Marty wrote:
Why do people go on Google Street View and immediately look up their own house?

Get off your arse and walk out into the street and you'll see it you lazy ****s!

I used Google earth to look at the shed in my backyard.

I'm just glad they haven't got the technology to see through my shed
roof....{blushes}

Arthur

DAVE March 27th 09 12:40 PM

Google Street View

I used Google earth to look at the shed in my backyard.

Pity it Google Earth couldn't be in 'real-time', it would make a cheap cctv
camera !! Mind you, that could open a big can of worms !!!

Dave

Tim Downie March 27th 09 01:26 PM

Google Street View

Dave wrote:
I used Google earth to look at the shed in my backyard.

Pity it Google Earth couldn't be in 'real-time', it would make a
cheap cctv camera !! Mind you, that could open a big can of worms !!!

Reminds me of a book by Bob Shaw "Other days, other eyes" in which a spin
off from the development of a type of glass that can slow light down leads
to complete loss of privacy.

Well worth a read.

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Days-Eye.../dp/0575014857

Tim

Paul Herber March 27th 09 02:09 PM

Google Street View

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:26:23 -0000, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

Dave wrote:
I used Google earth to look at the shed in my backyard.

Pity it Google Earth couldn't be in 'real-time', it would make a
cheap cctv camera !! Mind you, that could open a big can of worms !!!

Reminds me of a book by Bob Shaw "Other days, other eyes" in which a spin
off from the development of a type of glass that can slow light down leads
to complete loss of privacy.

Well worth a read.

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Days-Eye.../dp/0575014857

and Asimov's short story "The Dead Past"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_Past

--

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Bob Eager March 27th 09 02:55 PM

Google Street View

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:26:23 UTC, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

Dave wrote:
I used Google earth to look at the shed in my backyard.

Pity it Google Earth couldn't be in 'real-time', it would make a
cheap cctv camera !! Mind you, that could open a big can of worms !!!

Reminds me of a book by Bob Shaw "Other days, other eyes" in which a spin
off from the development of a type of glass that can slow light down leads
to complete loss of privacy.

Well worth a read.

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Days-Eye.../dp/0575014857

Yes...lots of other implications too, starting off with its accidental
discovery (used for car windscreen, nearly gets hit while turning in
front of oncoming car).

Read it more years ago than I care to remember..and still have it.

http://www.diybanter.com