DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how much to fit a new front door? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/274425-how-much-fit-new-front-door.html)

FionaS March 26th 09 03:45 PM

how much to fit a new front door?

Rough price? I will supply door and hinges, wooden fire door, internal
withing a block of flats, no letter box needed.

Neil March 26th 09 05:34 PM

how much to fit a new front door?

Bit more detail would be useful. Is a self closer fitted ? Does the frame or
the existing door have either an intumescent strip or brush seals. Routing
out a door and then fitting seals will have a significant effect on the
price I would charge.

As you are acquiring the materials yourself make sure that you buy the
correct rated fire door ( FD30 or FD60) and that the hinges are also fire
rated. Should the door not be a standard size you need to be aware that
there is only a very limited amout of timber that can be removed from a fire
door without compromising its fire rating.

Neil

FionaS March 27th 09 02:01 PM

how much to fit a new front door?

thanks.

yes door hinges strip and frame are all AOK, and fire rated. It is a
standard size.