DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   radio aerial (antenna) won't stay in position (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/272732-re-radio-aerial-antenna-wont-stay-position.html)

Arfa Daily March 6th 09 02:06 AM

radio aerial (antenna) won't stay in position

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Frank Erskine wrote:

Don't forget, with all this mention of glues and paper washers, that
you still want a decent electrical connection between the two bits :-)

Two bits is a Quarter.

If a quarter is 25 cents, how does that work Michael ? Presumably not
possible to have one bit ? Nothing cheaper available than a two-bit whore ?
:-)

Arfa

Bob Mannix March 6th 09 08:05 AM

Frank Erskine wrote:

Don't forget, with all this mention of glues and paper washers, that
you still want a decent electrical connection between the two bits :-)

Two bits is a Quarter.

If a quarter is 25 cents, how does that work Michael ? Presumably not
possible to have one bit ? Nothing cheaper available than a two-bit whore
?
:-)

Cos he's wrong. 2 bits (5c) is a dime (10c)

Arfa

[email protected] March 6th 09 08:39 AM

radio aerial (antenna) won't stay in position

Cos he's wrong. 2 bits (5c) is a dime (10c)

Since when?

Bob Mannix March 6th 09 08:55 AM

wrote in message

Cos he's wrong. 2 bits (5c) is a dime (10c)

Since when?

Since I got it wrong. Mea culpa (or my bad as we are US). 2 bits is indeed
an old colloquial expression for a quarter. I'll get my coat....

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Ian Jackson[_2_] March 6th 09 01:33 PM

radio aerial (antenna) won't stay in position

In message , Bob Mannix
writes
wrote in message
.. .

Cos he's wrong. 2 bits (5c) is a dime (10c)

Since when?

Since I got it wrong. Mea culpa (or my bad as we are US). 2 bits is indeed
an old colloquial expression for a quarter. I'll get my coat....

An infrequent visitor to the USA is often initially confused by the fact
that the 5c coin is LARGER than the 10c.

For me, the problem was solved by a hotel receptionist, while checking
in. She said "Remember that it takes two big ones to make a little one."
This piece of excellent advice has stood me in good stead on many
occasions since.
--
Ian

Michael A. Terrell March 6th 09 09:06 PM

Bob Mannix wrote:

wrote in message

Cos he's wrong. 2 bits (5c) is a dime (10c)

Since when?

Since I got it wrong. Mea culpa (or my bad as we are US). 2 bits is indeed
an old colloquial expression for a quarter. I'll get my coat....

Stop that man, he's stealing my coat! ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.