Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best way to fit soot door in stove register board

Hi all,

My house has a multifuel stove in a fireplace but it has been fitted
without any access above the register board and since the chimney is
not lined it is full of twigs etc dropped down by the jackdaws on the
roof, and blocked. I'm thinking that I could just cut a hole in the
board and then screw on a wider piece of register board underneath
once I have cleared it. Is this the best way to do it? And what screws
should I use?

Thanks,

Sean
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or do as we did. Cut a rectangular hole, make a new piece slightly
larger than the hole and just let it sit on top. No need for screws.

stove/flue/register question : which bit gives ? jives11 UK diy 1 April 5th 08 04:31 PM
Stove Register Plate VisionSet UK diy 6 October 28th 06 04:50 PM
Stove register plate? [email protected] UK diy 11 October 7th 06 01:45 AM
Propane Cook Stove - Soot on Pots & Pans souperman@_______.com Home Repair 6 July 4th 06 12:09 AM
Stove "register plate" Tom W UK diy 6 September 21st 04 07:27 PM