DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Enamal Bath stained with hair colour (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/268068-enamal-bath-stained-hair-colour.html)

T[_3_] January 3rd 09 11:24 PM

Enamal Bath stained with hair colour

Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused by
hair colour? Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
until it was too late!

Bleach and Oxalic acid have been suggested but I am concerned that they may
damage or completely remove the enamel making the problem worst.

Thanks

ransley January 4th 09 10:49 AM

On Jan 3, 5:24*pm, "T" wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused by
hair colour? *Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
until it was too late!

Bleach and Oxalic acid have been suggested but I am concerned that they may
damage or completely remove the enamel making the problem worst.

Thanks

Bleach wont hurt anything and also kills mold, even Aids. Acids you
just dont leave sitting for more than a few minutes. There are
deliming products for baths that are fairly safe on ceramics that use
different acids, I never tried Oxalic, you hardware store has products
that remove hard water lime and rust stains, just rinse well after
time the instructions state.

John January 4th 09 01:19 PM

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 5:24 pm, "T" wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused
by
hair colour? Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
until it was too late!

Bleach and Oxalic acid have been suggested but I am concerned that they
may
damage or completely remove the enamel making the problem worst.

Thanks

Bleach wont hurt anything and also kills mold, even Aids. Acids you
just dont leave sitting for more than a few minutes. There are
deliming products for baths that are fairly safe on ceramics that use
different acids, I never tried Oxalic, you hardware store has products
that remove hard water lime and rust stains, just rinse well after
time the instructions state.

Let me know how you got it off the shower curtain!