Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [?] Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 30CDi - losing pressure

We had a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 30CDi boiler installed about six
months ago. It is working generally fine but I've noticed that about
every couple of weeks the last radiator in the system makes slight
gurgling noises and needs to be 'bled' to let out some air. As a
consequence of doing this ( I presume), the boiler's water pressure
drops slightly because I then have to readjust it back to its normal one
Bar level.

Is a pressure drop with time something to be expected of a system such
as ours or is the air that gets into the radiator an indication that
there may be a leak in the system somewhere? Should I be concerned and,
if so, what is the best course of action for me to take?

Before the boiler was commissioned the installer filled the entire
heating system with a chemical which was left overnight and then flushed
out the next day until the water coming out was completely clean.

The central heating pipework in this house is at least 40 years old so
I'm wondering if this treatment could have caused pinholes to develop in
one or more of the joints. Since the leak, if there is one, is so slight
(at the moment), I'm inclined to do nothing at the moment except to keep
an eye on the system, but I'd really appreciate hearing any comments
from the experts in this NG.

Many thanks, and a Happy New Year to all.

TIA - Dave.

--
David C.Chapman - )
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Chapman" wrote in message

[...]

Have a Magnaclean fitted on the CH return pipe to the boiler. De-sludger
will not remove all the sludge. If there X-400 inhibitor in the system?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 27, 5:36*am, David Chapman wrote:
[...]

A leak should be fixed, it could be the boiler and be under warranty.
For Autos there is flourescent dye you can add to the cooling system,
a high intensity Black Light is used to pinpoint the leak. I am sure
it is done for boilers. I would want to know what was leaking,
especialy if it was the boiler. Is there a water auto feed, How much
water is it loosing, what is boiler pressure cold and hot, Does
pressure increase with temp or is the relief valve wet indicating it
releases. it could be alot of things, even a loose radiator valve.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:36:51 +0000, David Chapman wrote:

[...]

Take a look at the Sealed CH FAQ.
You might have a tiny leak that is letting air in.
You could try a slightly higher pressure to start with say 1.25 bar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Many thanks to those who took the time to reply to my posting. Your
comments were much appreciated.

Happy New Year.

- Dave

--