Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kinds of oil

In another group, I was informed that I'd need:

[...] a light machine oil. I recommend a turbine oil like
Castrol OC-11 because it will not become gummy as it ages.
[...] You want somthing about 32 cs in viscosity with no additives.

Can I go into shop and ask for "turbine oil"? What does "32 cs" mean?
I've never heard viscosity expressed like that before.

Does sewing machine oil count as "light machine oil"?

Daniele