Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What to plaster my walls with?

Mostly just checking - I tend to get quite nervous when embarking on
the next job.

I have quite a bit of plastering to do onto bear rubble/mud built
walls. They did have a layer of mud and straw covered with lime
plaster, but the mud and straw daub has given up adhering to the
walls. I'm left with very rough walls, which present about 1/3rd mud
facing, which isn't particularly strong. Unless someone stops me, I'm
going to apply a 1:2.5 mix of Castle hydraulic lime and "plastering
sand".

I am toying with the idea of spraying the walls with some pva fist?

If it all goes horribly wrong, what's the best type of plaster to use?

Plaster walls are how expensive? Aaron Fude Home Repair 10 December 10th 08 01:18 PM
Plaster walls Rich Home Repair 4 February 25th 08 04:48 PM
New plaster walls Mogga UK diy 24 June 10th 07 11:07 PM
Plaster Walls? JerryC Home Repair 9 January 10th 07 06:23 AM
Replacing plaster walls zxcvbob Home Repair 3 February 20th 06 06:33 PM