ellie

Default removing paint from plaster

How can I remove paint from wall plaster (indoors)? The wall has
been painted and there's mould on, and I think in, the paint which was
painted over the plaster, so I want to remove the paint but leave the
plaster on. The paint doesn't scrape off.

Michael Mcneil

"ellie" wrote in message

How can I remove paint from wall plaster (indoors)? The wall has
been painted and there's mould on, and I think in, the paint which was
painted over the plaster, so I want to remove the paint but leave the
plaster on. The paint doesn't scrape off.

Well if the paint itself was mouldy it might slough off the plaster but
I suspect you have rot in the plaster too. Where is this problem and
what sort of vents does the place have. And are they plugged or still
viable?

ellie

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message

Well if the paint itself was mouldy it might slough off the plaster but
I suspect you have rot in the plaster too. Where is this problem and
what sort of vents does the place have. And are they plugged or still
viable?

It's a kitchen wall. The room has got too steamy and the outside
wall got condensation and went moudly. Doesn't have any vents
at present but I'm planning to put some in. There's also a fan.

BigWallop

"ellie" wrote in message
How can I remove paint from wall plaster (indoors)? The wall has
been painted and there's mould on, and I think in, the paint which was
painted over the plaster, so I want to remove the paint but leave the
plaster on. The paint doesn't scrape off.

There are anti-fungal pastes that will kill the mould and let you decorate
over them, leaving them in place to continue doing their job. They're
called "Wallpaper Pastes" and if you choose one that says "Anti-Fungal" on
the packet, it will contain anti-fungal chemicals. When they're pasted
directly on the wall, they kill the mould and seal the affected area ready
for redecoration.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

ellie

"BigWallop" wrote in message

There are anti-fungal pastes that will kill the mould and let you decorate
over them, leaving them in place to continue doing their job. They're
called "Wallpaper Pastes" and if you choose one that says "Anti-Fungal" on
the packet, it will contain anti-fungal chemicals. When they're pasted
directly on the wall, they kill the mould and seal the affected area ready
for redecoration.

Paste with anti-fungal chemicals was used last time the room was
decorated (with paper over the old paint) but it didn't work. Mould
grew out from the wall through to the wall paper.

BigWallop

"ellie" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message

There are anti-fungal pastes that will kill the mould and let you

decorate
over them, leaving them in place to continue doing their job. They're
called "Wallpaper Pastes" and if you choose one that says "Anti-Fungal"

on
the packet, it will contain anti-fungal chemicals. When they're pasted
directly on the wall, they kill the mould and seal the affected area

ready
for redecoration.

Paste with anti-fungal chemicals was used last time the room was
decorated (with paper over the old paint) but it didn't work. Mould
grew out from the wall through to the wall paper.

Then the plaster needs stripped off and the wall itself treated. If the
mould is that bad, then it has gone right through to the brickwork.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Tim Mitchell

In article , BigWallop
writes

"ellie" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message

There are anti-fungal pastes that will kill the mould and let you

decorate
over them, leaving them in place to continue doing their job. They're
called "Wallpaper Pastes" and if you choose one that says "Anti-Fungal"

on
the packet, it will contain anti-fungal chemicals. When they're pasted
directly on the wall, they kill the mould and seal the affected area

ready
for redecoration.

Paste with anti-fungal chemicals was used last time the room was
decorated (with paper over the old paint) but it didn't work. Mould
grew out from the wall through to the wall paper.

Then the plaster needs stripped off and the wall itself treated. If the
mould is that bad, then it has gone right through to the brickwork.

I'm not sure about that. It just means that the condensation/ventilation
problem was not fixed, so the mould grew back in the same place. If you
fix the ventilation issues, there won't be any condensation and the
mould will not grow.

Our house (newish barratt) grows black mould due to condensation if not
ventilated properly. Cooker hoods are wonderful things in kitchens for
resolving many condensation problems.
--
Tim Mitchell

Removing tile paint Thee_Psycho UK diy 1 October 8th 03 02:51 PM
Paint over plaster. How to remove without damaging plaster. Zymurgy UK diy 6 August 28th 03 11:23 AM
Removing Tile Paint Alan McGowan UK diy 1 August 8th 03 03:42 PM
Removing paint from old plaster coving - how easy is it? Tess UK diy 1 August 1st 03 05:42 PM