DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Coloured woodstain (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/263701-coloured-woodstain.html)

Keefiedee October 30th 08 05:46 AM

Coloured woodstain

I've heard that you can get exterior woodstain in different colours
other that woody colours, including white. Is this true? - I can't
find anything on google. I'm mainly interested in white because the
house is listed. Any info and links would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

[email protected] October 30th 08 06:06 AM

Coloured woodstain

Use the best:

http://www.nam.sikkens.com/product.c...egory=exterior

The Medway Handyman October 30th 08 08:34 AM

Coloured woodstain

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/g..._overview.html

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Keefiedee October 30th 08 11:52 AM

Coloured woodstain

On Oct 30, 8:34*am, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Keefiedee wrote:
I've heard that you can get exterior woodstain in different colours
other that woody colours, including white. *Is this true? - I can't
find anything on google. *I'm mainly interested in white because the
house is listed. *Any info and links would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/g..._overview.html

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I should have said - this is for bargeboards, fascias etc. - not
really garden shades territory I don't suppose.

Keith

Malcolm October 30th 08 06:08 PM

Coloured woodstain

Keefiedee wrote:
I've heard that you can get exterior woodstain in different colours
other that woody colours, including white. Is this true? - I can't
find anything on google. I'm mainly interested in white because the
house is listed. Any info and links would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Try Sadolin white woodstain. Finish is satin. I discovered it through
this group a few years ago and used it on my fascias and bargeboards.
It is an acryllic product wich it states is not for areas of high wear.
All it requires is removal of loose parts of the existing finish. My
application lasted about 5 years and an advantage is that it does not peel

Malcolm

Keefiedee October 30th 08 06:31 PM

Coloured woodstain

On Oct 30, 6:08*pm, Malcolm wrote:
Keefiedee wrote:
I've heard that you can get exterior woodstain in different colours
other that woody colours, including white. *Is this true? - I can't
find anything on google. *I'm mainly interested in white because the
house is listed. *Any info and links would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Try Sadolin white woodstain. *Finish is satin. *I discovered it through
this group a few years ago and used it on my fascias and bargeboards.
It is an acryllic product wich it states is not for areas of high wear.
* All it requires is removal of loose parts of the existing finish. *My
application lasted about 5 years and an advantage is that it does not peel

Malcolm

When you say it just requires removal of loose parts of existing
finish - do you mean any finish - like paint?

Keith

Malcolm October 30th 08 10:02 PM

Coloured woodstain

Keefiedee wrote:
I've heard that you can get exterior woodstain in different colours
other that woody colours, including white. Is this true? - I can't
find anything on google. I'm mainly interested in white because the
house is listed. Any info and links would be greatly appreciated.
Keith

Try Sadolin white woodstain. Finish is satin. I discovered it through
this group a few years ago and used it on my fascias and bargeboards.
It is an acryllic product wich it states is not for areas of high wear.
All it requires is removal of loose parts of the existing finish. My
application lasted about 5 years and an advantage is that it does not peel

Malcolm

When you say it just requires removal of loose parts of existing
finish - do you mean any finish - like paint?

Keith

yes - go into a decorators supplier (in south Hampshire I use Brewers)
and ask to see a tin

Malcolm