DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fitting a letterbox in a PVC door (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2623-fitting-letterbox-pvc-door.html)

Brian October 10th 03 03:27 PM

Fitting a letterbox in a PVC door

I have no letterbox in my PVC back door which is nearer for the
postman than my front door. Would it be possible to but and insert a
letterbox in this door? If so , how and what tools would I need ? What
about fitting security chains also to both doors? Could this be done?
Thanks for any help.

Jason October 10th 03 04:36 PM

Fitting a letterbox in a PVC door

If it is a plastic (foamy filled) panel then all you have to do is to mark
and drill a hole in the corner and then just jigsaw the rectangle hole out.
Yes you can fit door chains to the door just take care when close to the
lock mechanism as you may encounter hardened steel.
hope this helps

--
Yours
Jason

Brian October 11th 03 10:23 AM

"Jason" wrote in message ...
If it is a plastic (foamy filled) panel then all you have to do is to mark
and drill a hole in the corner and then just jigsaw the rectangle hole out.
Yes you can fit door chains to the door just take care when close to the
lock mechanism as you may encounter hardened steel.
hope this helps

Hi Jason,
Thanks for help. Cheers.
Brian