DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tumble dryer no longer senses when dry...help please (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/262069-tumble-dryer-no-longer-senses-when-dry-help-please.html)

jim October 7th 08 12:06 AM

tumble dryer no longer senses when dry...help please

evening,

Our previously trusty Creda Sensor Eco-dry dryer is no longer sensing
and so is now worse than an ordinary one in terms of Eco - because it
doesn't stop when in Eco mode!!!

This happened 6months ago and I discovered the earth strip (on the
rear of the drum bearing that enables resistance (?) of the wet
washing to be measured and so allows the Eco Sensing to be done), had
worn away and was not making contact. Back then I adjusted it's
position and all was well.

Now it's stopped sensing again yet the earth strip is still making
good contact.....

Anyone got any thoughts on what to check next ??

(And why build a bl**dy dryer that could in theory stay on *all day*
if unattended/unnoticed - sure the thermostats would hopefully kick in
and stop fire risks - but think abt all that energy wasted.......bah)

thanks

Jim