DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/260928-slightly-off-topic-do-i-need-gardener-builder.html)

slider September 22nd 08 12:41 PM

Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ?

Hi

I need my rear patio area re-laying. I was going to do it myself but I
haven't got the time. I was hoping to get it done before now but still
haven't got around to it. Was going to have a look on Yell.com but wasn't
sure what service I needed. Do I need a builder, a landscape gardener or
what?

Dave Plowman (News) September 22nd 08 01:06 PM

Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ?

In article ,
Slider wrote:
Hi

I need my rear patio area re-laying. I was going to do it myself but I
haven't got the time. I was hoping to get it done before now but still
haven't got around to it. Was going to have a look on Yell.com but
wasn't sure what service I needed. Do I need a builder, a landscape
gardener or what?

I'm sure either would do the job. A landscape gardener may be familiar
with a wider choice of stone, though. But many employ what are effectively
builder's labourers for this sort of work anyway.

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

neverwas[_3_] September 22nd 08 02:33 PM

Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ?

snip Do I need a
builder, a landscape gardener or what?

I'm sure either would do the job. snip

So perhaps a possible answer to "what" is "whoever was used by someone
in your area whose
patio you like the look of and which has lasted one/several winters"?

--
Robin

Mary Fisher September 22nd 08 07:52 PM

Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ?

"neverwas" wrote in message
om...
snip Do I need a
builder, a landscape gardener or what?

I'm sure either would do the job. snip

So perhaps a possible answer to "what" is "whoever was used by someone in
your area whose
patio you like the look of and which has lasted one/several winters"?

Isn't a patio permanent?

Mary

John Stumbles September 22nd 08 08:44 PM

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:52:30 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"neverwas" wrote in message

So perhaps a possible answer to "what" is "whoever was used by someone
in your area whose
patio you like the look of and which has lasted one/several winters"?

Isn't a patio permanent?

How long is "permanent"? Whoever laid a patio that has lasted for the
entire life of the universe may not still be around to do the OP's one ;-)

--
John Stumbles

Extreme moderate

neverwas[_3_] September 22nd 08 08:57 PM

Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ?

How long is "permanent"? Whoever laid a patio that has lasted for the
entire life of the universe may not still be around to do the OP's
one ;-)

Quite.

Some pavements end up looking a bit tatty in no time at all really - see
eg http://www.all129.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/patio.jpg
--
Robin

dennis@home September 22nd 08 09:02 PM

Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"neverwas" wrote in message
om...
snip Do I need a
builder, a landscape gardener or what?

I'm sure either would do the job. snip

So perhaps a possible answer to "what" is "whoever was used by someone in
your area whose
patio you like the look of and which has lasted one/several winters"?

Isn't a patio permanent?

The block paving one I put down is permanent.. not since the rats decided to
start tunneling through the sand.
It was level, now its full of man traps.
I will have to dig it up and cast a concrete base.

Mary