DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/260723-thumbs-up-aldi-jigsaw.html)

George September 19th 08 02:16 PM

Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw

Just got round to using it on cutting the Laminate, gives a nice straight
cut and its blades are not too bad considering they were only £2.99 a pack
10.

:-)

George September 19th 08 02:25 PM

Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw

"George" wrote in message
om...
Just got round to using it on cutting the Laminate, gives a nice straight
cut and its blades are not too bad considering they were only £2.99 a pack
10.

:-)

oops! sorry that's the Lidl Jigsaw. ;-) it being "Parkside" as opposed to
Aldi's "Craft" range.

Stuart Noble September 19th 08 06:08 PM

Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw

George wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Just got round to using it on cutting the Laminate, gives a nice straight
cut and its blades are not too bad considering they were only £2.99 a pack
10.

:-)

oops! sorry that's the Lidl Jigsaw. ;-) it being "Parkside" as opposed to
Aldi's "Craft" range.

Tried it on a worktop yet?

George September 19th 08 06:16 PM

Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw

"stuart noble" wrote in message
George wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Just got round to using it on cutting the Laminate, gives a nice
straight cut and its blades are not too bad considering they were only
£2.99 a pack 10.

:-)

oops! sorry that's the Lidl Jigsaw. ;-) it being "Parkside" as opposed to
Aldi's "Craft" range.

Tried it on a worktop yet?

Nope! but then again I use a router on worktops or a circular and will only
use it for cutting out holes in worktops ie sinks ect.

Right tools for the job...can't go wrong. ;-)

Dave Plowman (News) September 19th 08 11:19 PM

Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw

In article ,
George wrote:

"George" wrote in message
om...
Just got round to using it on cutting the Laminate, gives a nice
straight cut and its blades are not too bad considering they were
only £2.99 a pack 10.

oops! sorry that's the Lidl Jigsaw. ;-) it being "Parkside" as opposed
to Aldi's "Craft" range.

I've got a couple of Parkside power tools and I reckon they're better
quality than other el cheapos. Not tried the jigsaw, though - I've already
got a decent one of those.

--
*The most common name in the world is Mohammed *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

robgraham September 20th 08 10:25 AM

Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw

On 19 Sep, 23:19, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
* *George wrote:

"George" wrote in message
. com...
Just got round to using it on cutting the Laminate, gives a nice
straight cut and its blades are not too bad considering they were
only £2.99 a pack 10.

oops! sorry that's the Lidl Jigsaw. ;-) it being "Parkside" as opposed
to Aldi's "Craft" range.

I've got a couple of Parkside power tools and I reckon they're better
quality than other el cheapos. Not tried the jigsaw, though - I've already
got a decent one of those.

--
*The most common name in the world is Mohammed *

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I thought I had a reasonably good B & D one - thought... I know 'good'
and 'B&D' don't go together, but this cheapy jigsaw from Lidls beats
the pants of it. My introduction to good jigsaws was my brother's
Festool one and this wee Lidls one reminds of that a bit in terms of
it's accuracy and ability to hold a line.

Rob

Dave Plowman (News) September 20th 08 01:09 PM

Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw

In article
,
robgraham wrote:
My introduction to good jigsaws was my brother's
Festool one and this wee Lidls one reminds of that a bit in terms of
it's accuracy and ability to hold a line.

Ouch. Hope usenet doesn't get up there so Andy can see this. He might
return and haunt us.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.