DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Roof timbers for shallow pitch flat roof (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/259230-roof-timbers-shallow-pitch-flat-roof.html)

robgraham September 1st 08 11:12 PM

Roof timbers for shallow pitch flat roof

Can someone give me some guidance on what timber size I should use for
a felt roof with the following measurements :-
Span - 2.5m
Length - 4m
Angle - nominally 10 degrees
Covering - Sterling board and felt + insulation.

I'm assuming 600mm between centres.

Many thanks
Rob

The Natural Philosopher September 2nd 08 10:10 PM

robgraham wrote:
Can someone give me some guidance on what timber size I should use for
a felt roof with the following measurements :-
Span - 2.5m
Length - 4m
Angle - nominally 10 degrees
Covering - Sterling board and felt + insulation.

I'm assuming 600mm between centres.

Many thanks
Rob

Total guess but I'd use 6x3..or bigger

4x2 seems to sag under its own weight at that sort of span..

Hugo Nebula September 4th 08 10:00 PM

Roof timbers for shallow pitch flat roof

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:12:11 -0700 (PDT), a particular chimpanzee,
robgraham , wrote:

Can someone give me some guidance on what timber size I should use for
a felt roof with the following measurements :-
Span - 2.5m
Length - 4m
Angle - nominally 10 degrees
Covering - Sterling board and felt + insulation.

I'm assuming 600mm between centres.

Assuming access for maintenance only, and assuming you're at less than
100m above sea level:

At 600mm C/C: 38mm x 147mm C16, 63mm x 122mm C16, or 47mm x 122mm C24.

At 400mm C/C, 47mm x 122mm C16's will span 2.48m.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"