DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moss on tarmac (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/258439-moss-tarmac.html)

John August 21st 08 11:43 AM

Moss on tarmac

Any good tips (cheap) on getting rid of moss on tarmac - and keeping it away
for the winter? It is on part of my drive which doesn't get much use.

Don't want to use high pressure water as it lifts too much out of the
tarmac.

Rob Bashford August 21st 08 04:52 PM

Moss on tarmac

Jeyes fluid is very effective.
Test on a small area first as it can soften the tarmac, although I have
never seen this

PeterMcC August 21st 08 05:48 PM

Moss on tarmac

Rob Bashford wrote in

"John" wrote in message
Any good tips (cheap) on getting rid of moss on tarmac - and keeping
it away for the winter? It is on part of my drive which doesn't get
much use.

Don't want to use high pressure water as it lifts too much out of the
tarmac.

Jeyes fluid is very effective.
Test on a small area first as it can soften the tarmac, although I
have never seen this

It may be worth mentioning that the run-off with both Jeyes and Armillatox
may kill plants in the adjacent flower beds.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Grimly Curmudgeon August 24th 08 01:08 AM

Moss on tarmac

drugs began to take hold. I remember "John"
saying something like:

Any good tips (cheap) on getting rid of moss on tarmac

Spread some diesel - the bugger will soon spin off.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.