DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Towel Rail with a Combi? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/258197-towel-rail-combi.html)

Toby August 18th 08 10:26 AM

Towel Rail with a Combi?

Other than an electric one, is it possible to have a towel rail with a
combi, that doesn't just come on with the heating?

In a system with a hot water cylinder, you usually connect the bathroom
radiator/towel rail to the hot water side of things, so the rail get's hot
in the summer too - I guess the only way to do this with a combi, is by
having it on a separate zone, controlled by a time clock?

thanks for any comments!

Toby...

Bob Mannix August 18th 08 10:42 AM

Towel Rail with a Combi?

"Toby" wrote in message

Other than an electric one, is it possible to have a towel rail with a
combi, that doesn't just come on with the heating?

In a system with a hot water cylinder, you usually connect the bathroom
radiator/towel rail to the hot water side of things, so the rail get's hot
in the summer too - I guess the only way to do this with a combi, is by
having it on a separate zone, controlled by a time clock?

thanks for any comments!

Toby...

The normal solution is to fit the rail on the CH system and add an electric
heater as well, for use in the summer.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)