DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What type of paint to use for the inside walls of new conservatory (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/257193-what-type-paint-use-inside-walls-new-conservatory.html)

bp August 4th 08 01:13 PM

What type of paint to use for the inside walls of new conservatory

Hi

I have just had a lean to type conservatory built in my house (100
year old Terrace).

I want to paint the inside walls as at the moment they are plain
brick. There is two walls which are the full height of the
conservatory which are part of my house.
Both these were outside walls but now form the inside walls of the
conservatory, and there is one dwarf wall.

What type of paint should I be using. THe walls are theoretically
internal as they are no longer exposed to the elements, so can I used
ordinary matt emulsion (which I have lots of) or should I still be
using exterior masonary paint. Note I will only be painting the
inside of the dwarf wall. I will only be painting the inside portion
of the two main walls
(i.e the ipart that is inside the conservatory).

Thanks

Bhupesh

jim August 4th 08 02:43 PM

On 4 Aug, 12:13, bp wrote:
[...]

start with emulsion? - if you get any damp patches developing over
coming months then youmay need to switch to masonry paint or take
further advice....

hope it helps

Jim

Andy Dingley August 4th 08 05:37 PM

On 4 Aug, 12:13, bp wrote:

What type of paint should I be using. *

I'm using Aldi's cheap white external masonry (over breezeblocks)
inside the workshop. I don't care too much about weather resistance,
but at least I know that it won't mind an alkaline substrate.

jim August 4th 08 06:00 PM

On 4 Aug, 16:37, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 4 Aug, 12:13, bp wrote:

What type of paint should I be using.

I'm using Aldi's cheap white external masonry (over breezeblocks)
inside the workshop. I don't care too much about weather resistance,
but at least I know that it won't mind an alkaline substrate.

pH?? - what's the pH of new plaster?