DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   newgroup 1.5 litre per ballast (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/256511-newgroup-1-5-litre-per-ballast.html)

john westmore_______ July 27th 08 12:40 PM

newgroup 1.5 litre per ballast

I have just pulled down my small disintegrating wooden shed leaving a
concrete slab 1.76 metres by 2.33metres.

We thought we would buy on the tin sheds from Argos, which is 3 metres by
2.5 metres.

1.5 litres per ballast

Phil L July 27th 08 01:34 PM

john westmore_______ wrote:
I have just pulled down my small disintegrating wooden shed leaving a
concrete slab 1.76 metres by 2.33metres.

We thought we would buy on the tin sheds from Argos, which is 3
metres by 2.5 metres.

1.5 litres per ballast

Try again, but this time have a stab at explaining what you are talking
about....1.5litres per ballast? - what is that meant to denote?

Steve Firth July 27th 08 01:48 PM

john westmore_______ wrote:

I have just pulled down my small disintegrating wooden shed leaving a
concrete slab 1.76 metres by 2.33metres.

We thought we would buy on the tin sheds from Argos, which is 3 metres by
2.5 metres.

1.5 litres per ballast

Can you do that again, in English?

mike[_7_] July 27th 08 01:56 PM

newgroup 1.5 litre per ballast

On Jul 27, 12:40*pm, "john westmore_______"
wrote:
I have just pulled down my small disintegrating wooden shed leaving a
concrete slab 1.76 metres by 2.33metres.

We thought we would buy on the tin sheds from Argos, which is 3 metres by
2.5 metres.

1.5 litres per ballast

If old woodlyshed falolloped, certain the thriftymost tinny by
Argosshed most goodlilode.

1.5 litres per ballast? Deep joy.

John Rumm July 27th 08 02:02 PM

john westmore_______ wrote:
I have just pulled down my small disintegrating wooden shed leaving a
concrete slab 1.76 metres by 2.33metres.

We thought we would buy on the tin sheds from Argos, which is 3 metres by
2.5 metres.

1.5 litres per ballast

Not sure I follow the question... if there was one!

Reading between the lines, perhaps you want to make the slab bigger and
need to know how much ballast you will need for the concrete?

A C20 mix will be more than adequate for this application (1 part
cement, 2 parts sand, 4 parts gravel, or 1 part cement, 6 parts all in
one ballast). A cubic meter will require approx 1800 kg of aggregate,
and 320kg of cement.

Chapter and verse he

http://www.pavingexpert.com/concmix1.html

--
Cheers,

John.

TMC July 27th 08 07:45 PM

"john westmore_______" wrote in message
I have just pulled down my small disintegrating wooden shed leaving a
concrete slab 1.76 metres by 2.33metres.

We thought we would buy on the tin sheds from Argos, which is 3 metres by
2.5 metres.

1.5 litres per ballast

buy a smaller boat it will fit then