DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mixer Tap Nozzle (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/256049-mixer-tap-nozzle.html)

Dave Wade July 21st 08 08:58 PM

Mixer Tap Nozzle

Folks,

I have a kitchen mixer tap and the plastic nozzle on the end keeps falling
off. Any one any idea where I can get a replacement as I don't fancy paying
for a new tap...

Dave

RW[_4_] July 22nd 08 06:16 AM

Mixer Tap Nozzle

"Dave Wade" wrote in message
. uk...
Folks,

I have a kitchen mixer tap and the plastic nozzle on the end keeps falling
off. Any one any idea where I can get a replacement as I don't fancy
paying for a new tap...

1 What make is it?
2 Does it *actually* need it?
3 What does the nozzle do?

Dave Wade July 22nd 08 09:01 PM

Mixer Tap Nozzle

"RW" wrote in message

"Dave Wade" wrote in message
. uk...
Folks,

I have a kitchen mixer tap and the plastic nozzle on the end keeps
falling off. Any one any idea where I can get a replacement as I don't
fancy paying for a new tap...

1 What make is it?

Unfortunately I don't know the maker. Its the one item in the kitchen I
don't have an installation sheet for..

2 Does it *actually* need it?

No idea, I think so, see bellow

3 What does the nozzle do?

keeps the Hot and Cold separate so the cold doesn't become contaminated with
hot that's been in the loft tank...

PCPaul July 23rd 08 07:46 PM

Mixer Tap Nozzle

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:01:35 +0100, Dave Wade wrote:

3 What does the nozzle do?

keeps the Hot and Cold separate so the cold doesn't become contaminated
with hot that's been in the loft tank...

If it's a tap with separate hot and cold to the end, then the plastic bit
acts as a swirler to mix the two streams, to avoid the stream being cold
one side and scalding the other.

As for where to get one, I once had a nice swivelling nozzle (screwed in
instead of the plastic one, seemed to be a standard thread) which had two
settings for stream or spray. Very nice. I think it came from Lakeland
Plastics, but this was about 7-8 years ago...