DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PING Sam (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/255942-ping-sam.html)

The Medway Handyman July 20th 08 04:03 PM

PING Sam

How did the levelling go?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

George July 20th 08 04:17 PM

PING Sam

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
How did the levelling go?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Probably get an answer tomorrow...she's stuck in the room,if ya get my
drift. ;-)

Samantha Booth July 20th 08 05:00 PM

PING Sam

"George" wrote in message
m...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
How did the levelling go?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Probably get an answer tomorrow...she's stuck in the room,if ya get my
drift. ;-)

I didnt find it difficult Dave, its just having never used this studd before
and never used a float, given the time it allows 15-20 mins it doesnt leave
me a lot of time to get it right but I think it want ok.

I wonder is a second coat, quite thin poured all over the top and NOT
manipulated would give me a perfect finish? I was thinking where the join is
it looks and feels a little lumpy, a second layer of SLC qite thin just
poured on would seal the joint and give a flat finish.

Thanks for asking Dave. i wouldnt want to do a huge room with it. But I had
a go and I am 75% pleased I think

George July 20th 08 05:08 PM

PING Sam

"Samantha Booth" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
[...]

We want a picture,we want a pic,we want a picture to see if Sam has done the
trick. ;-)

geoff July 20th 08 06:29 PM

PING Sam

In message , Samantha Booth
writes

"George" wrote in message
om...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
How did the levelling go?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Probably get an answer tomorrow...she's stuck in the room,if ya get my
drift. ;-)

I didnt find it difficult Dave, its just having never used this studd before
and never used a float, given the time it allows 15-20 mins it doesnt leave
me a lot of time to get it right but I think it want ok.

I wonder is a second coat, quite thin poured all over the top and NOT
manipulated would give me a perfect finish? I was thinking where the join is
it looks and feels a little lumpy, a second layer of SLC qite thin just
poured on would seal the joint and give a flat finish.

I last used SLC about 20 years ago and used two layers

you need to get rid of the "white" surface layer which can form on top
and inhibit bonding between the two layers

--
geoff