DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/255056-worcester-bosch-greenstar-30si.html)

Dougie Nisbet July 9th 08 09:49 AM

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si

I've had it for about month now and a couple of questions.

1. Are there any back-of-a-fag-packet ideas about whether the use of the
'ECO' button makes a worthwhile saving given the extra convenience of
quicker hot water?

2. The hot water dial on the boiler has an 'e' between settings 4 and 6.
The manual does not mention it. Is it considered to be an optimum
position? What does it stand for?

many thanks

Simon Finnigan July 9th 08 10:31 AM

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si

"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
om...
I've had it for about month now and a couple of questions.

1. Are there any back-of-a-fag-packet ideas about whether the use of the
'ECO' button makes a worthwhile saving given the extra convenience of
quicker hot water?

I`d imagine it will save a reasonable amount of energy - with it off it`ll
be keeping water hot all the time for you. I suppose it depends how much
how water you actually use - in my house we use a small amount 4-5 times a
day tops (electric shower :-) ). How long does it take for hot water to
start coming out of the taps, and how big a difference does it make having
ECO on and off?

John July 9th 08 08:30 PM

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si

"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
om...
I've had it for about month now and a couple of questions.

1. Are there any back-of-a-fag-packet ideas about whether the use of the
'ECO' button makes a worthwhile saving given the extra convenience of
quicker hot water?

Don't know about the saving but ours takes a lot longer for hot water to
come through when ECO is on. So much so that we don't use it.

2. The hot water dial on the boiler has an 'e' between settings 4 and 6.
The manual does not mention it. Is it considered to be an optimum
position? What does it stand for?

Yep, I think it's what Worcester consider as the optimum, don't know what it
stands for though.

John

Dougie Nisbet July 10th 08 08:13 AM

John wrote:
"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
om...
I've had it for about month now and a couple of questions.

1. Are there any back-of-a-fag-packet ideas about whether the use of the
'ECO' button makes a worthwhile saving given the extra convenience of
quicker hot water?

Don't know about the saving but ours takes a lot longer for hot water to
come through when ECO is on. So much so that we don't use it.

I've been trying both settings for a while and I'm finding the same thing.