DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fat builders or workmen (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/249874-fat-builders-workmen.html)

George May 13th 08 09:41 AM

Fat builders or workmen

you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

Doctor Drivel[_2_] May 13th 08 11:06 AM

Fat builders or workmen

"George" wrote in message
. ..
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

They can't bend and take the easy way out all of the time. They tire easily
and take short cuts. Avoid.

George May 13th 08 12:54 PM

Fat builders or workmen

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

They can't bend and take the easy way out all of the time. They tire

easily
and take short cuts. Avoid.

Exactly,they sweated like pigs doing my neighbours DG and ade a complete
pigs ear of it,didn't even have decency to clean their hands before applying
the sealant on the finishing strips.
Its supposed to look white but looks as though its been there for ten years
and is all over the place instead of a straight line.
One DG window frame is twisted at the side and the glass has now cracked at
the corner,probably because they had a job trying to get it in because of
the twist?

Doctor Drivel[_2_] May 13th 08 01:00 PM

Fat builders or workmen

"George" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

They can't bend and take the easy way out all of the time. They tire

easily
and take short cuts. Avoid.

Exactly,they sweated like pigs doing my neighbours DG and ade a complete
pigs ear of it,didn't even have decency to clean their hands before
applying
the sealant on the finishing strips.
Its supposed to look white but looks as though its been there for ten
years
and is all over the place instead of a straight line.
One DG window frame is twisted at the side and the glass has now cracked
at
the corner,probably because they had a job trying to get it in because of
the twist?

I hope he gets them to replace it and get proper tradesmen in.

The Medway Handyman May 13th 08 05:42 PM

Fat builders or workmen

George wrote:
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

Are you looking for a slap?

Cheeky git.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

George May 13th 08 09:51 PM

Fat builders or workmen

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

George wrote:
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

Are you looking for a slap?

Cheeky git.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

You could try.

Even when I was a nipper.

Tanner-'op May 13th 08 10:00 PM

Fat builders or workmen

George wrote:
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

Are you looking for a slap?

Cheeky git.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

You could try.

Even when I was a nipper.

Thought you were a 'nipper' with your apparent lack of experience!

Tanner-

Newshound May 13th 08 11:42 PM

Fat builders or workmen

"George" wrote in message
. ..
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

Similarly thin cooks. The food quality at a works canteen I knew went right
down when the pear-shaped old timer retired and was replaced by a skinny
youngster.

Gib Bogle May 14th 08 08:40 AM

Fat builders or workmen

Emil Tiades wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2008 23:42:23 +0100, "newshound"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message
. ..
you will never get a decent first class job out of them.

They're like a bull in a china shop.

Similarly thin cooks. The food quality at a works canteen I knew went right
down when the pear-shaped old timer retired and was replaced by a skinny
youngster.

"Food quality at works canteen"
Oxymoron of the week.

Cruel. He may be a bit bovine, but that's going too far.

Dave Plowman (News) May 14th 08 08:53 AM

Fat builders or workmen

In article ,
Emil Tiades wrote:
"Food quality at works canteen"
Oxymoron of the week.

Depends where you work. But if good they probably don't call it a canteen.

I worked as a freelance once at Air Studios in Hampstead. The chef came
round with the menu and took your order for lunch - and the time you
wanted it. Bit of a change from the BBC.

--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Andy Hall May 14th 08 11:15 AM

Fat builders or workmen

On 2008-05-14 08:53:47 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

In article ,
Emil Tiades wrote:
"Food quality at works canteen"
Oxymoron of the week.

Depends where you work. But if good they probably don't call it a canteen.

I worked as a freelance once at Air Studios in Hampstead. The chef came
round with the menu and took your order for lunch - and the time you
wanted it. Bit of a change from the BBC.

Yes.

I once had lunch in Broadcasting House. Just once.

Stuart Noble May 14th 08 11:42 AM

Fat builders or workmen

Andy Hall May 14th 08 11:57 AM

Fat builders or workmen

On 2008-05-14 08:53:47 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

In article ,
Emil Tiades wrote:
"Food quality at works canteen"
Oxymoron of the week.

Depends where you work. But if good they probably don't call it a canteen.

I worked as a freelance once at Air Studios in Hampstead. The chef came
round with the menu and took your order for lunch - and the time you
wanted it. Bit of a change from the BBC.

Yes.

I once had lunch in Broadcasting House. Just once.

Wot no raw fish?

Actually there was, but it wasn't meant to be.

Stuart Noble May 14th 08 12:02 PM

Fat builders or workmen

On 2008-05-14 11:42:42 +0100, stuart noble

On 2008-05-14 08:53:47 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

In article ,
Emil Tiades wrote:
"Food quality at works canteen"
Oxymoron of the week.

Depends where you work. But if good they probably don't call it a
canteen.

I worked as a freelance once at Air Studios in Hampstead. The chef came
round with the menu and took your order for lunch - and the time you
wanted it. Bit of a change from the BBC.

Yes.

I once had lunch in Broadcasting House. Just once.

Wot no raw fish?

Actually there was, but it wasn't meant to be.

Not long enough in the microwave I suppose. Then again, that might have
overcooked the chips. Not easy this haute cuisine lark

Andy Dingley May 14th 08 05:55 PM

Fat builders or workmen

wrote:

Similarly thin cooks. The food quality at a works canteen I knew went right
down when the pear-shaped old timer retired and was replaced by a skinny
youngster.

Nowt wrong with skinny youngsters, they just haven't had time to eat
enough yet.

Alan May 15th 08 12:14 AM

Fat builders or workmen

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote
In article ,
Emil Tiades wrote:
"Food quality at works canteen"
Oxymoron of the week.

Depends where you work. But if good they probably don't call it a canteen.

The catering company say restaurant and chef. The workforce say canteen
and cook :)

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Mary Fisher May 15th 08 08:25 PM

Fat builders or workmen

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
Alan wrote:
The catering company say restaurant and chef. The workforce say canteen
and cook :)

Where I work it's a bothy and a vending machine :-(

Owain

Where I work it's the kitchen and me :-(

Mary