DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   soil pipe / sewer connections. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/244925-soil-pipe-sewer-connections.html)

sm_jamieson April 15th 08 09:12 PM

soil pipe / sewer connections.

Fitting drainage soon. Above the rest bend I will need a short length
of pipe to pass up through the solid floor.
In this situation would the brown pipe rising through the floor
usually end in a socket somehow, or just a cut off brown 110mm pipe ?
Is it OK to have a short length of brown above ground before the black
soil pipe begins (so I don't have to fuss too much about the finished
floor level) ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Mark April 15th 08 11:33 PM

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Fitting drainage soon. Above the rest bend I will need a short length
of pipe to pass up through the solid floor.
In this situation would the brown pipe rising through the floor
usually end in a socket somehow, or just a cut off brown 110mm pipe ?
Is it OK to have a short length of brown above ground before the black
soil pipe begins (so I don't have to fuss too much about the finished
floor level) ?
Thanks,
Simon.

I think the brown pipe doesn't have uv protection that is why it is not
normally suitable for above ground use.
If it is internal, I personally wouldn't worry about a short riser in
brown.

mark