DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   This weeks Top Tip (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/243829-weeks-top-tip.html)

ARWadworth April 13th 08 06:53 PM

This weeks Top Tip

Remember to duck when you turn down a woman armed with a wine bottle.

http://i27.tinypic.com/5eaefn.jpg

Adam

Mogga April 13th 08 07:43 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:53:51 GMT, "ARWadworth"
wrote:

Remember to duck when you turn down a woman armed with a wine bottle.

http://i27.tinypic.com/5eaefn.jpg

Adam

You should turn her down with kind words not a wine bottle. :)
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

The Medway Handyman April 13th 08 08:15 PM

This weeks Top Tip

ARWadworth wrote:
Remember to duck when you turn down a woman armed with a wine bottle.

http://i27.tinypic.com/5eaefn.jpg

Do you live on the Chatsworth Estate? Is your local called The Jockey? Do
you know Frank Gallagher?

What a life you lead matey!

:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Andy Hall April 13th 08 08:38 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On 2008-04-13 20:15:40 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

ARWadworth wrote:
Remember to duck when you turn down a woman armed with a wine bottle.

http://i27.tinypic.com/5eaefn.jpg

Do you live on the Chatsworth Estate? Is your local called The Jockey? Do
you know Frank Gallagher?

What a life you lead matey!

:-)

Things rapidly deteriorate north of the Thames, you know.

What he didn't say was which woman it was and the circumstances.
Might have been the neighbour

ARWadworth April 13th 08 09:34 PM

This weeks Top Tip

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

ARWadworth wrote:
Remember to duck when you turn down a woman armed with a wine bottle.

http://i27.tinypic.com/5eaefn.jpg

Do you live on the Chatsworth Estate? Is your local called The Jockey?
Do you know Frank Gallagher?

I had to Google that as I have not had a TV for the last 5 years.

What a life you lead matey!

:-)

The bottle in the head was better than her proposition.

Why are Geordie women allowed into Yorkshire for hen nights?

Adam

Tim Southerwood April 13th 08 09:45 PM

This weeks Top Tip

ARWadworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

Why are Geordie women allowed into Yorkshire for hen nights?

Well there you go...

The only time I've come close to being knocked out cold was a playful punch
from a lass up that way (friend mind). Mustn't say geordie, she was a
mackum and that's another route to a good hiding.

Oddly enough, I was in Yorkshire when it happened. Perhaps something in the
air disagrees with them?

Cheers

Tim

Andy Hall April 13th 08 09:52 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On 2008-04-13 21:34:33 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

The bottle in the head was better than her proposition.

What was that?

Why are Geordie women allowed into Yorkshire for hen nights?

Doesn't bear thinking about.

ARWadworth April 13th 08 11:04 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On 2008-04-13 21:34:33 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

The bottle in the head was better than her proposition.

What was that?

"Are you going to buy me and my mate some drinks and we will show you a good
time"

She made Karen Matthews look like a good catch!

Why are Geordie women allowed into Yorkshire for hen nights?

Doesn't bear thinking about.

Trafalgar Square last Sunday afternoon with the Olympic Torch passing
through was much safer.

Adam

The Medway Handyman April 13th 08 11:44 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On 2008-04-13 21:34:33 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

The bottle in the head was better than her proposition.

What was that?

"Are you going to buy me and my mate some drinks and we will show you
a good time"

She made Karen Matthews look like a good catch!

Why are Geordie women allowed into Yorkshire for hen nights?

Doesn't bear thinking about.

Trafalgar Square last Sunday afternoon with the Olympic Torch passing
through was much safer.

It would have been. I've just read the London Ambulance major incident
plan, 34 pages of it. Every possibility covered. Incedible planning.

My daughter was (potential) silver medic, driving the first ambulance behind
the torch procession.

Not that I'm a very proud Dad or anything.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Mary Fisher April 14th 08 04:02 PM

This weeks Top Tip

"Tim Southerwood" wrote in message
ARWadworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

Why are Geordie women allowed into Yorkshire for hen nights?

Well there you go...

The only time I've come close to being knocked out cold was a playful
punch
from a lass up that way (friend mind). Mustn't say geordie, she was a
mackum and that's another route to a good hiding.

Oddly enough, I was in Yorkshire when it happened. Perhaps something in
the
air disagrees with them?

Cheers

Tim

We do our best ...

Mary

ARWadworth April 14th 08 08:36 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On 2008-04-13 21:34:33 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

The bottle in the head was better than her proposition.

What was that?

"Are you going to buy me and my mate some drinks and we will show you
a good time"

She made Karen Matthews look like a good catch!

Why are Geordie women allowed into Yorkshire for hen nights?

Doesn't bear thinking about.

Trafalgar Square last Sunday afternoon with the Olympic Torch passing
through was much safer.

It would have been. I've just read the London Ambulance major incident
plan, 34 pages of it. Every possibility covered. Incedible planning.

My daughter was (potential) silver medic, driving the first ambulance
behind the torch procession.

Not that I'm a very proud Dad or anything.

I would be proud as well.

She would had to keep her foot on the brake so as not to run over the torch
bearer as for some reason they often stopped suddenly.

The last time I went to Trafalar Square it was full of winged vermin. Has
Livingstone eradicated them?

Adam

The Medway Handyman April 14th 08 10:00 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On 2008-04-13 21:34:33 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

[...]

Her verdict on the Olympic Torch was; "Its rubbish, just a stick on
fire....."

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Andy Hall April 16th 08 11:42 PM

This weeks Top Tip

On 2008-04-14 20:36:14 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

She would had to keep her foot on the brake so as not to run over the
torch bearer as for some reason they often stopped suddenly.

The last time I went to Trafalar Square it was full of winged vermin.
Has Livingstone eradicated them?

Adam

Livingstone conceals his wings well if that's the case.