DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Self-levelling floor compound (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2438-self-levelling-floor-compound.html)

Steve Gontarek October 3rd 03 05:48 PM

Self-levelling floor compound

Okay, I've just put some of this stuff down on my new shower room
floor about a week ago - unfortunately I think I might need some more
:it doesn't cover my heating cable completely *and* my floor was more
unlevel than I thought :( , so two questions.

1. Is it safe to put another layer of the stuff on a previously dried
layer (of about 5mm)

2. Related tot ge 1st question; on the two brands I am aware of : B &
Q value and Febfloor, they both say you shouldn't put it on any
thicker than 5-6mm or (as the B & Q suggests), you need to add granite
chippings. Now is that per application or the maximum regardless of th
enumber of layers. For example I alreday have a dried layer of 5mm, so
I suppose I'm asking the same as the first question - can I put
another layer on top of this ?

TIA
Steve