DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cordless impact driver and angled bit holder (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/243672-cordless-impact-driver-angled-bit-holder.html)

[email protected] April 12th 08 03:12 PM

Cordless impact driver and angled bit holder

I bought one of these ages ago to pad out a Screwfix order to free
postage:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61688/...led-Bit-Holder

Had very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool
box for a year or so.

Today I used it with a cordless impact driver, expecting it to be a
smack-your-fingers swine to control, if it worked at all.

It actually worked brilliantly, driving a 6 * 80mm turbogold into
hardwood (in hammer mode) - with virtually no torque reaction coming
back through the sleeve.

Doctor Drivel April 12th 08 05:09 PM

wrote in message
I bought one of these ages ago to pad out a Screwfix order to free
postage:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61688/...led-Bit-Holder

Had very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool
box for a year or so.

Today I used it with a cordless impact driver, expecting it to be a
smack-your-fingers swine to control, if it worked at all.

It actually worked brilliantly, driving a 6 * 80mm turbogold into
hardwood (in hammer mode) - with virtually no torque reaction coming
back through the sleeve.

I have had one of those for over 5 years. The cheapest I saw was in Maplin.
The driver bit has to be right in the screw and it works fine. I have never
used it with an Impact driver though.

Andy Hall April 12th 08 05:20 PM

On 2008-04-12 17:09:08 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

wrote in message
I bought one of these ages ago to pad out a Screwfix order to free
postage:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61688/...led-Bit-Holder

Had

very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool
box for a year or so.

Today I used it with a cordless impact driver, expecting it to be a
smack-your-fingers swine to control, if it worked at all.

It actually worked brilliantly, driving a 6 * 80mm turbogold into
hardwood (in hammer mode) - with virtually no torque reaction coming
back through the sleeve.

I have had one of those for over 5 years. The cheapest I saw was in
Maplin. The driver bit has to be right in the screw and it works fine.
I have never used it with an Impact driver though.

Try it. Let's find out how long it lasts.

[email protected] April 12th 08 05:22 PM

Cordless impact driver and angled bit holder

Try it. Let's find out how long it lasts.

Probably not long. But if it deals with 1 in a 100 screws that have to
go in/come out of dark corners - it's worthwhile.

The Medway Handyman April 12th 08 05:48 PM

wrote:
I bought one of these ages ago to pad out a Screwfix order to free
postage:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61688/...led-Bit-Holder

Had very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool
box for a year or so.

Same as mine! I'll dig it out now you've posted that.

Today I used it with a cordless impact driver, expecting it to be a
smack-your-fingers swine to control, if it worked at all.

It actually worked brilliantly, driving a 6 * 80mm turbogold into
hardwood (in hammer mode) - with virtually no torque reaction coming
back through the sleeve.

I use those 6 x 90 turbogold coach screws loads - brilliant things.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

dennis@home April 12th 08 06:43 PM

On 2008-04-12 17:09:08 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

wrote in message
I bought one of these ages ago to pad out a Screwfix order to free
postage:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61688/...led-Bit-Holder

Had

very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool
box for a year or so.

Today I used it with a cordless impact driver, expecting it to be a
smack-your-fingers swine to control, if it worked at all.

It actually worked brilliantly, driving a 6 * 80mm turbogold into
hardwood (in hammer mode) - with virtually no torque reaction coming
back through the sleeve.

I have had one of those for over 5 years. The cheapest I saw was in
Maplin. The driver bit has to be right in the screw and it works fine. I
have never used it with an Impact driver though.

Try it. Let's find out how long it lasts.

Mine lasted 30 seconds.
I took it out the bag and played with it a bit and it fell apart.
The replacement hasn't fallen apart yet, but its been two days.