Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic drum tub washing machine bearings?

Hi All,

Anyone changed the bearings on a spiderless plastic tubbed washing
machine please (the outer tub being plastic and the bearings moulded
into that).

It's on a Zanussi ZWF1431W washing machine I've just been given
(Freecycle) that actually works but is very noisy down to the
bearing(s) going.

I can see the outer bearing behind the drive pulley but as it's not in
a removable spider I am not sure how you would get the bearing out,
even once the drive pulley is removed.

On here I may have found the answer .. :-(

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...owpage&pid=155
http://tinyurl.com/y593zc

At the bottom of the top section it says:

"To make it even worse some manufacturers, notably Indesit (Hotpoint,
Ariston and Indesit) and Electrolux (Electrolux, Zanussi, AEG and
Tricity Bendix) have introduced sealed tanks where bearings cannot be
replaced, you have to replace the entire inner working of the machine.
The reason, they say, is to cut down production costs. "

So is that what I have here, a just_over_a_year_old washing machine
that can't be repaired, or if it can by replacing the "entire inner
workings", at how much cost and to only last for another year?

So much for ecology?

The strange thing is here ..

http://tinyurl.com/2onp8l

... they offer a bearing and seal kit for that model?

All the best ..

T i m

Bearings in AEG washing machine Timothy Murphy[_2_] UK diy 17 December 25th 07 06:18 AM
Washing machine bearings EricP UK diy 0 November 19th 06 05:27 PM
How straighforward is replacement of drum bearings on Hoover A3950 washing machine? Peter UK diy 2 June 29th 05 11:45 PM
washing machine bearings [email protected] UK diy 1 January 2nd 05 12:53 PM