DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   X10 redux (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/238872-x10-redux.html)

Robin March 19th 08 06:16 PM

X10 redux

Thanks for the previous replies about X10.

I'm struggling to obtain external X10 PIRs. The only "proper" ones
appear to be the MS14A, but they're not supposed to be used in the UK
because they broadcast on 310MHz.

Question is, what would it interfere with if I bought one. I've googled
a bit, but I can't find out why 310MHz is bad in the UK.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Andy Burns[_3_] March 19th 08 06:28 PM

X10 redux

On 19/03/2008 18:16, Robin wrote:

Question is, what would it interfere with if I bought one. I've googled
a bit, but I can't find out why 310MHz is bad in the UK.

230 to 380MHz is NATO miltary band (including search and rescue beacons)

Peter Crosland March 19th 08 07:03 PM

X10 redux

Robin wrote:
Thanks for the previous replies about X10.

I'm struggling to obtain external X10 PIRs. The only "proper" ones
appear to be the MS14A, but they're not supposed to be used in the UK
because they broadcast on 310MHz.

Question is, what would it interfere with if I bought one. I've
googled a bit, but I can't find out why 310MHz is bad in the UK.

Military aircraft use. AFAIK it is also illegal to import them. Don't do it!

Peter Crosland