DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sticking leaves to my walls (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2373-sticking-leaves-my-walls.html)

Conrad Edwards October 1st 03 06:19 PM

Sticking leaves to my walls

From watching Property Ladder last night I see I can add at least
£5000 to the value of my house by sticking leaves to the wall.....
What type of leaf does the panel recommend, and should I use cheap B&Q
glue or something a bit more upmarket.....

The Q October 1st 03 07:10 PM

Sticking leaves to my walls

"Conrad Edwards" wrote in message
om...
From watching Property Ladder last night I see I can add at least
£5000 to the value of my house by sticking leaves to the wall.....
What type of leaf does the panel recommend, and should I use cheap B&Q
glue or something a bit more upmarket.....

Gold leaf?

The Q

Hywel Jenkins October 1st 03 08:13 PM

Sticking leaves to my walls

In article ,
says...
From watching Property Ladder last night I see I can add at least
£5000 to the value of my house by sticking leaves to the wall.....
What type of leaf does the panel recommend, and should I use cheap B&Q
glue or something a bit more upmarket.....

Looking at the amount that dimwit used - PVA seems the best value for
money. Bloody awful idea.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

RzB October 1st 03 08:40 PM

Sticking leaves to my walls

Hmm... didn't see the program myself... However..

Was it inside or outside walls... Not sure that PVA
would be best for outside..

If inside I would suggest flour and water like my dad
used for wallpaper back in the 1950's. Very organic!

BTW Hywel - I see you don't bother with any of this
namby pamby high level stuff... you programme down
on the bare metal...:-)

Roy

"Hywel Jenkins" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
From watching Property Ladder last night I see I can add at least

Hywel Jenkins October 1st 03 10:01 PM

Sticking leaves to my walls

In article , group
says...
"Hywel Jenkins" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
From watching Property Ladder last night I see I can add at least
£5000 to the value of my house by sticking leaves to the wall.....
What type of leaf does the panel recommend, and should I use cheap B&Q
glue or something a bit more upmarket.....

Looking at the amount that dimwit used - PVA seems the best value for
money. Bloody awful idea.

BTW Hywel - I see you don't bother with any of this
namby pamby high level stuff... you programme down
on the bare metal...:-)

Indeed. At the moment I have the cover of my Athlon 1800XP processor so
that I can flick the resistors with some tweezers. Binary was far too
easy for me.

Mark S. October 1st 03 10:14 PM

Sticking leaves to my walls

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:40:20 +0100, "RzB"
wrote:

Hmm... didn't see the program myself... However..

Was it inside or outside walls... Not sure that PVA
would be best for outside..

If inside I would suggest flour and water like my dad
used for wallpaper back in the 1950's. Very organic!

BTW Hywel - I see you don't bother with any of this
namby pamby high level stuff... you programme down
on the bare metal...:-)

Roy

Inside surrounding a mirror... whoever put the original article in the
magazine she copied the idea from must have been ****ing themselves
that they published the idea in the first place let alone her being
cracked enough to think it a good idea... ;-)

Mark S.

Conrad Edwards October 1st 03 10:18 PM

Sticking leaves to my walls

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:13:27 +0100, Hywel Jenkins
wrote:

In article ,
says...
From watching Property Ladder last night I see I can add at least
£5000 to the value of my house by sticking leaves to the wall.....
What type of leaf does the panel recommend, and should I use cheap B&Q
glue or something a bit more upmarket.....

Looking at the amount that dimwit used - PVA seems the best value for
money. Bloody awful idea.

I just pity the dimwit that bought the place for top $