DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is a mono pitched roof? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/237256-what-mono-pitched-roof.html)

Farouq March 11th 08 09:41 PM

What is a mono pitched roof?

I've been trying to understand what a mono pitched roof is as I've
seen this in a number planning applications?

Is this another term for a 'lean to' roof?

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension
however I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a
minimum slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Thanks

The Medway Handyman March 11th 08 10:33 PM

What is a mono pitched roof?

Farouq wrote:
I've been trying to understand what a mono pitched roof is as I've
seen this in a number planning applications?

'Mono' signifys 'one'. So I'd say it had one pitch instead of two.

Is this another term for a 'lean to' roof?

Thats my guess.

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension
however I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a
minimum slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Building control at your local authority would tell you. Maybe on their
website.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Cicero March 11th 08 11:02 PM

What is a mono pitched roof?

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:41:26 -0700, Farouq wrote:

I've been trying to understand what a mono pitched roof is as I've seen
this in a number planning applications?

Is this another term for a 'lean to' roof?

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension however
I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a minimum
slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Thanks

==================================
Not necessarily 'lean-to' (leaning against a wall) but a single slope:

http://tinyurl.com/29bpqe

When I needed information about pitch angle some years ago it appeared to
vary from one place to another depending on local conditions. Your local
building inspector will tell you what is an acceptable pitch in your area.

Cic.

--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

BRG[_2_] March 11th 08 11:39 PM

What is a mono pitched roof?

Farouq wrote:
I've been trying to understand what a mono pitched roof is as I've
seen this in a number planning

A Mono-Pitched roof only has a single sloped surface.

Is this another term for a 'lean to' roof?

Yes - but a lean-to roof usually abuts a wall and is part of an outhouse or
extension. A Mono-Pitch forms the main roof to a house.

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension
however I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a
minimum slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Using the correct tile (I forget the name at the moment) you can go as low
as a10 degree pitch but the normal pitch is around 25 - 30 or so degrees.

Hope this helps

BRG

dennis@home March 11th 08 11:41 PM

What is a mono pitched roof?

"Farouq" wrote in message

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension
however I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a
minimum slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Yes.. it depends on the type of tile.. consult the manufacturers data.

sm_jamieson March 12th 08 12:27 AM

What is a mono pitched roof?

On 11 Mar, 22:39, "BRG" wrote:
Farouq wrote:
I've been trying to understand what a mono pitched roof is as I've
seen this in a number planning

A Mono-Pitched roof only has a single sloped surface.

Is this another term for a 'lean to' roof?

Yes - but a lean-to roof usually abuts a wall and is part of an outhouse or
extension. A Mono-Pitch forms the main roof to a house.

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension
however I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a
minimum slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Using the correct tile (I forget the name at the moment) you can go as low
as a10 degree pitch but the normal pitch is around 25 - 30 or so degrees.

Hope this helps

BRG

My plans have redland regent tiles spec'd for 12.5 degrees. They need
a greater
overlap than standard at that pitch.
Simon.