Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safe to drink hot water from combi?

Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and cooking
for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Gareth.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Gareth
writes
Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and cooking
for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Hot water from a combi is just the mains water having gone through a
heat exchanger

If it doesn't have a leak, then yes

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:43:17 -0000 Gareth wrote :
Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and
cooking for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Why not? It's mains water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:43:17 -0000, "Gareth"
had this to say:

Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and cooking
for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

If the temperature is suitable, why not?

Many (?) years ago it was considered a bit risky to drink water via a
traditional heating system, but this was often derived through an open
cold water system in the loft which could be exposed to organic or
inorganic contamination.

I suppose that if some warmed water was left in the system for several
days there could be a potential risk, but in Real Life this doesn't
happen.
One assumes that you wash at least your hands every so often :-)

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:43:17 -0000 Gareth wrote :
Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and
cooking for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Why not? It's mains water.

Sure I saw a gadget on a TV DIY show that provided boiling water on tap so
you didn't have to put the kettle on to make the tea.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gareth wrote:
Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and cooking
for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Gareth.

don't see why not.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
Tony Bryer wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:43:17 -0000 Gareth wrote :
Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and
cooking for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Why not? It's mains water.

Sure I saw a gadget on a TV DIY show that provided boiling water on tap so
you didn't have to put the kettle on to make the tea.

Probably this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Quick-...39725&s r=8-1

Check out the reviews. Greenies tend to love it. People who want hot water
without mess don't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Gareth" writes:
Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and cooking
for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

I regularly do from a Multipoint -- it's used to fill the
kettle, etc, particularly if it's already been run hot.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:43:17 -0000 Gareth wrote :
Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and
cooking for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Why not? It's mains water.

Sure I saw a gadget on a TV DIY show that provided boiling water on tap so
you didn't have to put the kettle on to make the tea.

You probably have seen one. I have just lfft a power supply for a kithcen
fitter to plug one in (after he has plumbed it in). It basically is a extra
tap on the kitchen sink.

Adam