DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Condensate drain (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/236271-condensate-drain.html)

Dave Plowman (News) March 5th 08 07:28 PM

Condensate drain

I've got a soil stack reasonably close to mine. Is there an easy way of
routing the condensate drain into it?

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Lobster March 5th 08 08:42 PM

Condensate drain

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I've got a soil stack reasonably close to mine. Is there an easy way of
routing the condensate drain into it?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/81605/...Fit-Strap-Boss

with a rubber boss adaptor:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89174/...aptor-40mm-5Pk

.... however the above are 40mm pipe, I don't know if you can narrower
ones to accept condensate pipe, but you can certainly get them to fit a
40mm pipe (not from Screwfix), so at worst you might need to use two and
step down via a bit of 40mm pipe.

May or may not need to be routed via a u-trap, depending on the boiler
instructions.

David

John Rumm March 5th 08 09:46 PM

Condensate drain

Lobster wrote:

... however the above are 40mm pipe, I don't know if you can narrower
ones to accept condensate pipe, but you can certainly get them to fit a
40mm pipe (not from Screwfix), so at worst you might need to use two and
step down via a bit of 40mm pipe.

You can certainly get a rubber bung to drop 40mm to 20mm - I used on for
exactly that purpose to allow the condensate drain to feed into a
washing machine style stand pipe.

--
Cheers,

John.

Malcolm Race March 5th 08 11:10 PM

Condensate drain

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I've got a soil stack reasonably close to mine. Is there an easy way of
routing the condensate drain into it?

The Corgi installer who installed my boiler over 3 years ago ran the
drain through a boss into the stack - total outdoor length of less than
two feet with a good fall. The stack is in an angle between north and
west facing walls - no problems yet :-)

Malcolm