Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Whats the best way of joining 2 concrete slabs - if there is one

Whats the best way of joining 2 concrete slabs - if there is one

I have laid a slab of concrete in the garden, and I need it another 12
inches wider.

OK I can put some shuttering up and lay some more concrete, but how do
I ensure that the joint is always sound and does not give ??? Do I
drill some holes sideways into the original slab and put in some metal
bars or screw in some large dia screws and leave the heads protruding
a few inches.

Or am I worring too much.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Feb, 08:05, dutchman wrote:
Whats the best way of joining 2 concrete slabs - if there is one

I have laid a slab of concrete in the garden, and I need it another 12
inches wider.

OK I can put some shuttering up and lay some more concrete, but how do
I ensure that the joint is always sound and does not give ??? Do I
drill some holes sideways into the original slab and put in some metal
bars or screw in some large dia screws and leave the heads protruding
a few inches.

Or am I worring too much.

Depends what you are using it for!
Epoxy in some 12" rebar half into each, at 600mm intervals. Or screw
in some 'Multi Monti' type bolts (Screwfix).

Phil.

Removing concrete stains on slabs? A.Lee UK diy 1 July 23rd 07 01:25 AM
Decking - lay frame on concrete, patio slabs or ???? Greystoke UK diy 15 August 24th 06 11:26 AM
Weight of concrete slabs Mary Fisher UK diy 24 June 25th 06 07:49 PM
Making concrete slabs Broadback UK diy 4 February 17th 06 08:17 PM
Getting rid of concrete slabs Stephen Gower UK diy 2 January 22nd 04 08:54 PM