Old February 19th 08, 09:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing expanding foam from clothes

Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now.
Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky stuff
remover etc and nowt works.

Thanks

Old February 19th 08, 10:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:50:54 -0000, "Barry Taylor"
wrote:

Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now.
Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky stuff
remover etc and nowt works.

Thanks

You can get gun cleaner but I'm not sure how it does with cured foam
nor clothing .
Old February 19th 08, 10:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Barry Taylor" wrote in message
Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now.
Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky
stuff remover etc and nowt works.

You haven't been building a canoe have you? ;-)

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

Tim

Old February 19th 08, 10:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Barry Taylor wrote:
Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now.
Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky stuff
remover etc and nowt works.

Acetone. Saved my butt when I trod some into the landing carpet.

David

Old February 19th 08, 10:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Barry Taylor" wrote in message
Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now.
Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky
stuff remover etc and nowt works.

Thanks

Thanks you two, much obliged

Old February 20th 08, 01:25 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Barry Taylor wrote:
Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now.
Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky stuff
remover etc and nowt works.

You could try one of the "foam eater" products that the likes of
screwfix do.

--
Cheers,

John.

Old February 20th 08, 08:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Downie wrote:

"Barry Taylor" wrote in message

Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now.
Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky
stuff remover etc and nowt works.

You haven't been building a canoe have you? ;-)

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

I do wish that folks wouldn't post that when I have a glass of whisky in
my hand. The results make is wet and salty :-)

Dave
Old February 20th 08, 09:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:

"Barry Taylor" wrote in message

Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone
dry now. Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still
there. Tried sticky stuff remover etc and nowt works.

You haven't been building a canoe have you? ;-)

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

I do wish that folks wouldn't post that when I have a glass of whisky
in my hand. The results make is wet and salty :-)

Just as an aside, I've just removed a saniflow that performed faultlessly
for 10 years. Is it time to remove the saniflow entry from the humour
section?

(Actually, that would be a huge shame as it's such an entertaining read but
I think they're not as bad as Peter made out).

Tim

Old February 20th 08, 11:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Barry Taylor wrote:
Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry
now. Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried
sticky stuff remover etc and nowt works.

You could try one of the "foam eater" products that the likes of
screwfix do.

I have smears of silicone on my overalls, I wonder if silicone remover would
get it off without damaging the fabric?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Old February 21st 08, 08:51 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Barry Taylor wrote:
Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry
now. Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried
sticky stuff remover etc and nowt works.

You could try one of the "foam eater" products that the likes of
screwfix do.

I have smears of silicone on my overalls, I wonder if silicone remover would
get it off without damaging the fabric?

Whether it would remove it I dunno (I don't find it particularly
effective; but I doubt it would harm the fabric. Whatever it is, it
seems relatively innoccuous stuff - has to be so it doesn't damage a
plastic bath.

David

expanding foam HELP Peter UK diy 11 June 24th 07 09:14 PM
Expanding Foam The Medway Handyman UK diy 12 September 19th 06 01:30 AM
Expanding Foam VisionSet UK diy 3 September 6th 06 10:16 PM
Expanding foam removal s--p--o--n--i--x UK diy 13 September 28th 05 11:13 AM
Expanding foam and UV Pecanfan UK diy 12 January 19th 05 11:21 PM