Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Beeping sound from Stena stairlift control box...

The control box on my elederly parent's stairlift started beeping
every three seconds. Does anyone know what this means? I opened the
box thinking that the PP3 battery inside might be running down, but
the beeping continued after I replaced it.

I wonder if the beeping is a warning that the main gel-cell battery
powering the motor is on its way out. Anyone know? The gel-cell is a
bit of a pain to get at, otherwise I'd just test it with my
multi-meter rather than posting this question. The gel-cell bettery
has not been changed for about ten years, I believe. It is supposed to
keep itself charged up from the mains while the stairlift's chair is
stationary.

Thank you..

JD

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JakeD" wrote in message

The control box on my elederly parent's stairlift started beeping
every three seconds. Does anyone know what this means? I opened the
box thinking that the PP3 battery inside might be running down, but
the beeping continued after I replaced it.

I wonder if the beeping is a warning that the main gel-cell battery
powering the motor is on its way out. Anyone know? The gel-cell is a
bit of a pain to get at, otherwise I'd just test it with my
multi-meter rather than posting this question. The gel-cell bettery
has not been changed for about ten years, I believe. It is supposed to
keep itself charged up from the mains while the stairlift's chair is
stationary.

Thank you..

JD

According to the site the battery last 3 to 5 years depending on use?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JakeD" wrote in message

The control box on my elederly parent's stairlift started beeping
every three seconds. Does anyone know what this means? I opened the
box thinking that the PP3 battery inside might be running down, but
the beeping continued after I replaced it.

I wonder if the beeping is a warning that the main gel-cell battery
powering the motor is on its way out. Anyone know? The gel-cell is a
bit of a pain to get at, otherwise I'd just test it with my
multi-meter rather than posting this question. The gel-cell bettery
has not been changed for about ten years, I believe. It is supposed to
keep itself charged up from the mains while the stairlift's chair is
stationary.

Thank you..

JD

Best way is to locate the gel-cell and see what volatge it is? then apply a
voltage to the gel-cell terminals on the stair lift and see if this is the
problem and if its not? then you have saved yourself gel-cell money.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Best way is to locate the gel-cell and see what volatge it is? then apply
voltage to the gel-cell terminals on the stair lift and see if this is the
problem and if its not? then you have saved yourself gel-cell money.

I have a redundant Stena system but we left it installed. When my wife was
on crutches recently (riding accident) we found the batteries had died: one
of the kids killed the power 'because it was bleeping' and didn't tell us. I
can check the voltage OK, but I'm blowed if I can see how to get it apart to
the stage where I can remove them.

Beeping Bosch Skipweasel UK diy 14 November 15th 07 09:11 PM
Beeping from attic Chris Home Repair 15 October 27th 07 04:45 AM
GE Gas range keeps beeping yaofeng Home Repair 0 August 16th 06 04:03 PM
Stairlift (a bit OT but I respect the experiences of the group) John UK diy 11 May 21st 04 02:17 AM