Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default built in or built under single oven?

i'm confused by the terms above.

can anyone tell me if i could fit this oven under the worktop, and not
in a full height cabinet?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92376/...n-Gas-Hob-Pack

thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

benpost wrote:
i'm confused by the terms above.

can anyone tell me if i could fit this oven under the worktop, and not
in a full height cabinet?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92376/...n-Gas-Hob-Pack

thanks

Whether you fit it in an under worktop unit or a full height unit is a
matter of personal preference and kitchen layout. I have never come
across an oven designed specifically for one but not the other.

Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 00:44:06 -0800 (PST) someone who may be benpost
wrote this:-

i'm confused by the terms above.

Built under goes under a worktop. Built in may be the same, but is
more general as what it is built into doesn't need to be under the
worktop.

can anyone tell me if i could fit this oven under the worktop, and not
in a full height cabinet?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92376/...n-Gas-Hob-Pack

Measure the space available in your kitchen cupboards and see.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Jan, 08:44, benpost wrote:
i'm confused by the terms above.

can anyone tell me if i could fit this oven under the worktop, and not
in a full height cabinet?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92376/.../Electric-Cook...

thanks

Yes - it will go under the worktop - this is the one I was going to
buy for my kitchen.
It is an easy for for the B&Q oven housing unit.

Mark.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

i'm confused by the terms above.

Built under goes under a worktop. Built in may be the same, but is
more general as what it is built into doesn't need to be under the
worktop.

I'd go further and say that conventionally "built under" normally refers
to an oven/fridge/dishwasher etc which stands on the floor beneath a
worktop, in between two units; whereas "built in" refers to an oven
(usually) which is installed *within* a unit/housing.

Suppliers often don't get it though (eg on some of the online outlets
where you can search for appliances by category like "stainless steel"
"built-in" "built-under" etc frequently seem to get the terms muddled...

David

FS -- 1/2 HP single phase Hitachi VFD with built in pot Ignoramus19259 Metalworking 11 August 27th 07 09:14 PM
installing built under oven SandMan112 UK diy 2 July 3rd 07 03:04 AM
GE Built In oven problems R. Kannan Home Ownership 0 May 27th 06 01:05 AM
Built in oven KTECH Home Repair 2 December 2nd 05 08:28 PM
Built in gas oven NikV UK diy 27 February 11th 04 08:35 PM