DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Does painting melamine contradict the reason for using melamine? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/231-does-painting-melamine-contradict-reason-using-melamine.html)

Rich July 10th 03 02:21 PM

Does painting melamine contradict the reason for using melamine?

There have been various posts on painting melamine. All basically
concerned with the use of a primer etc. However my question remains
unanswered.

I always thought that using melamine for kitchen carcasses was for
hygiene as well as low cost.

If the melamine was painted then would this not remove the hygiene
benefit?

Does anyone know where i could get pine or english oak melamine
chipboard?
Does such a thing exist?

Regards,
Rich

Roger Mills July 10th 03 03:32 PM

Does painting melamine contradict the reason for using melamine?

Rich wrote in message
m...

Does anyone know where i could get pine or english oak melamine
chipboard?
Does such a thing exist?

Regards,
Rich

Have a look at International Decorative Surfaces
http://www.idsurfaces.co.uk/

They do a wide range of "wood grain" melamine chipboard. I recently bought
some with a blond ash finish for a bedroom re-furb. Their range includes
several oaks and a couple of pines - so you might find what you want. They
are all available in 18mm, and some also in 15mm.

HTH,
Roger