DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   9W CFL Candle Bulb v 40W Incandescent (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/230540-9w-cfl-candle-bulb-v-40w-incandescent.html)

John January 19th 08 02:23 PM

9W CFL Candle Bulb v 40W Incandescent

I thought I ought to try out CFLs in the lounge candle fittings.

Today I bought a 9W lamp from B&Q and put it into a fitting which also
has a standard 40W opal lamp in the other holder. Both have shades.

Immediately after switch on there was a very noticeable difference,
however after about 90 seconds the brightness was comparable.

I will see how long it takes for the family to comment!

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail